back to article ZOMBIE apocalypse! The 'LIVING DEAD' are HERE – Fox News confirmed it

Within the past hour, Fox News declared today is "World Zombie Day", and urged us all to "bring out the living dead" in an online cock-up. Initially it was feared the US news outlet's website had been hacked and defaced – but the broadcaster was quick to blame an "internal production problem" for the gaffe. The Fox News web …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like an inside job...

by a dissatisfied ex-employee OR the Syrian Army.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Looks like an inside job...

I'm quite surprised the Faux News engineers managed to spot the difference....

2. Beau
    Happy

Well I thought it was great.

The very best, and nearest thing Fox News has ever had to a accurate news program, well done Fox News!

3. Vociferous
    Black Helicopters

That's what THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE!

The Dead Really Have Risen, But The Government Lies About It To PRotect Its Reptilian Masters!

4. Brian Miller

I want the video!

They had a "WATCH LIVE" video there! I want to see Homeland Security going after the zombies! (Homeland Security is good for something, isn't it?)

I suppose that Lorem Ipsum is going to be mandated from now on.

1. Euripides Pants

Re: I want the video!

"Homeland Security is good for something, isn't it?"

Not until it passes the Turing test....

5. Chris G

Huh!

I read the Reg Headline and yelled to the wife to get the crossbows and my old samurai sword out!

Just as well I never had time to shutter the windows,

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Huh!

The headline should have been "Fox news, Zombie news"

6. Kharkov
    Facepalm

Progress!

First they got the day right and then they proclaimed a zombie apocalypse...

Well done Fox! That's the closest you've ever come to 2 correct stories in a row!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Yesterday, here in BC, Canada, when coming into work on the Skytrain (our local light rail), there came from the train speakers the following message (paraphrased since I can't remember the exact words):

"Good morning, this is Skytrain conttrol. When the train arrives in the station, please leave the train and find another means of transport. There will be no Skytrain service today or for the rest of the week."

Interestingly a few people got up to get off until I encouraged them to ignore what was obviously a prank.

Sure enough, a minute or two later, there was a humble apology for the "training" error earlier and there is nothing wrong with the service.

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

They should have put this announcement on:

"Good morning and welcome to the Black Mesa Transit System. This automated train is provided for the security and convenience of the Black Mesa Research Facility personnel. The time is 8:47 AM....etc etc"

That would have been a real prank!

1. NoneSuch Silver badge

Vladimir,

You get a thumb up for originality. Too bad we have to wait for at least a year for Gordon to return.

Personally, I think its the US Government covering up the truth. There IS a zombie outbreak, but "the man" is locking down the info sources.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ha ha, whoops, straight to live. Do not pass UAT and do not collect the admiration of senior management on your way out.

1. Herb LeBurger

@AC: It's content, not code, so wouldn't go through UAT. Though a review process might not be a bad idea...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Brains !

Sounds quite likely..... fox newscasters and journalists......brains.......mmmmmmmm...... they are the brainless living dead who just regurgitate whatever their zombie overlord murdoch tells them.....it was probably world zombie day ..... I suspect an internal internal intranet malfunction rather than a test site...

10. littlescraps

gun supporter

Quick!... arm yourselves with assult style rifles to combat the zombs!... too soon?

11. MrDamage Silver badge
    Trollface

That wasnt a news report

They were just commenting on their viewers.

12. Florida1920
    Pirate

So, for a little while, the site was worth reading?

13. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Coat

Production error?

I thought Fox News WAS a production error?

Or was that mass producer of errors?

Or the product of a deranged imagination?

Wait! That was the galactic banking sector!

14. hammarbtyp

Catering to their core audience

After all the brain dead are Fox new's biggest demographic

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Zombie!!!

No.

It was just old Rupe out for a stroll.

16. Rob

Makes me happy...

... with the fact that our DEV servers aren't connected to the publishing servers, no chance of that happening on my site, I have 300 editors that could easily make a mistake like that.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Coat

I'm glad you are secure.

However, Murphy's Law states that : if you think everything is going fine, you obviously don't have the slightest idea what's going on.

1. Rob
        Go

That's a reach...

... I didn't mention anything about being secure. It's going ok at the moment, but only because I keep an eye on everything on a daily basis (excluding weekends, they don't pay enough for that privilege).

17. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

WEEEEEEEEE

Stuff yo... Blair.

18. Anonymous Crowbar

Fox News: The largest trolling experiment ever.

19. Arachnoid

Are you sure they didnt mean to say

WE ARE UNDER ATACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

Re: Are you sure they didnt mean to say

But don't they always say that? Hyperbole, thy name is Fox

20. Eric Olson

FTFY

"During routine website maintenance, a home page prototype was accidentally moved to the actual site. As with any mistake in testing, engineers noticed the error and quickly brought the site back to its normal function fiction," Jeff Misenti, chief digital officer at Fox News, told The Register in a statement.

21. Maharg

STUFF YO

That made me chuckle...

22. MissingSecurity
    Devil

I guess...

It's good to see that some people behind the scenes at Fox do the same shit in their test environment at least I hope thats the case...

23. Bottle_Cap
    Coffee/keyboard

Heh you lot are on form today - so the new keyboard invoice will have to be split... :)

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lorem Ipsum

As was mentioned a little further up, this sort of thing is why lorem ipusm was 'invented'. Putting humorous jape type content into any system at any environment level is to be discouraged, if you want to avoid looking a bit silly. It's the publishing equivalent of treating every microphone as live, or not putting a gun to your head, even if you are 100% certain it's not loaded. Sorry to be a bit of an old fusspot.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like