back to article Twitter jacks up IPO price range as the blabbergasm begins

Twitter upped its initial public offering price range to $23 - $25 on Sunday, an updated filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission shows. The micro-blogging site, which is imminently set to float onto the New York Stock Exchange, said that it had hiked its IPO share price range after talking to the company's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Micallef Silver badge
    Devil

facebook IPO territory?

$23-$25 will briefly be topped, then drop to below 20 and stay there until their business plans become clearer (ie they start to generate more revenue than hype)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pump and dump

Classic

3. Cliff

Party like it's 1999

FFS did we learn nothing from dotcomboomandbust1.0??

4. Bernard

A fool and his money

fit nicely into 140 characters or less

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

200 million active users

LOL.

6. Yet Another Commentard

Anechdotes and evidence...

I've run a few classes over the last few weeks and out of interest asked if any of the students would invest in Twitter. I've put up the basis of the deal from the actual offer documents, and just done a straw poll. To make it a little more scientific I did ask all of them to close their eyes before holding their hands up (there is comfort in numbers in these things, so I wanted to stop that). So far out of around 150 students only three, yes, three would invest. It's not a good representation, but it's all I have.

My point - I feel a bit better. As if some of the future has some common sense.

7. Charlie van Becelaere

IPO

#theremustbesomekindofwayoutofhere

8. Stevie

Bah!

I agree with James. Now we should have a pool on what the stock will be worth, say, one week after the IPO.

I pick $15.

NB I don't say I believe Twitter is "worth" $15 a share. I don't believe it is worth anything as a public company - yet. Give it a year or two and who can say?

Of course, I expect that the tweeting masses will be seeing some unwelcome changes as the company shifts its focus.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bah!

You could always do this in reality by shorting it.

Get your chequebook out.....

1. Stevie

Re: Bah!

Can't short on an IPO, dimwit. But if I wait a bit I can do so in the nude.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like