back to article SECRET Google store touts pricey accessories to Glasshole shopaholics

Continuing its renewed push for its Glass camera-goggles, Google has quietly launched an online store to sell accessories for the wearable computers. The site was first spotted by Marketing Land on Wednesday after links were shared on a private forum for members of Google's Glass Explorer beta program. The store itself is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG

What optional extras would you like to see?

Is there any pink stick on furry fur?

What about a set of plug in light up deely boppers?

A disguise attachment, such as a removable Taliban beard?

Come on folks what would you like to see?

2. Mike Moyle

So the next time that you're tempted to make a comment about overpriced Apple kit, just remember this...

3. BongoJoe

Two words

Fuck. Me.

1. JustWondering

Re: Two words

They can't if you don't let them.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should have gone to Specsavers.........

I thought it was a screen shot from a new Apple Store! If you can't beat them, then join them eh?

5. mraak

OMG!

And I use this acronym very rarely.

6. Chris G

Style

A word that perhaps needs explaining to Google.

To add style fail to an already dorky set of frames they have the nerve to charge 75 bucks for a pair of polycarbonate safety lenses that I would normally buy from a builders merchants for about a fiver?

So a glasshole could be defined as ; a dorky nerd with more money than sense(ibility)?

1. Don Jefe

Re: Style

That's what's great about fashion! The more ridiculous and/or impractical something is, the more you can charge for it! It's all really high margin stuff too (yay for displaced labor and foreign labor laws)!

Were I of a more ridiculous mindset, I might have gone into fashion instead of my current field. The money is great and as near as I can tell, the women have their clothes most of the time.

7. Dick Emery

Specs wearers

How do people who already wear specs use these?

1. Don Jefe

Re: Specs wearers

Why wear the regular specs? EVERYTHING you want to buy need to see is beamed directly into your eyeball through Google Glass.

8. K

Its official

We now have an autumn festivity, and I declare it "Sergey Fools Day" ...

9. Jamie Jones Silver badge
    Facepalm

They call it a microUSB charger...

...in which case, doesn't have to meet the same specs as any other microUSB charger? - like the one I bought recently for 3 quid that works fine - as expected - in my 2 devices which also carry a standard microUSB port...

10. Don Jefe

Social Interaction

Will the Japanese micro fiber get along with my Argentinian micro fiber? You'd think they might, but it's hard to say. The communication barriers must be significant.

Honestly, prior to this article, I had no idea micro fibers identified with a particular nationality. I hope I haven't offended any. They really should spoken up. It simply isn't reasonable for me to be expected to know everything. It's on them as much as me to learn and communicate what offends a given culture.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Its very expensive, it must be good"

Source: How to sell overpriced fashion tat to numpties 101

12. T. F. M. Reader

Applying Dilbert's law of market segmentation

First sell to rich idiots. Then you can use the profits to up the volume and lower the prices and really reach the mass market.

13. The Man Himself Silver badge
    Coat

Should have gone to SpecSavers

...that is all

14. Harthin_

Not to be a downer...

but isn't it possible that the prices haven't been set as of yet since they are all marked as out of stock? Are you able to actually order the out of stock items? It seems like the prices may just be placeholders.

That said, it would be disappointing if these prices were true. $50 for the plug adapter and cable is what you will spend for Apple iKit.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Don Jefe

Re: Not to be a downer...

Sure, it is possible the prices are placeholders. But you'd really hope Google could do better than that. I haven't done any web development in a decade, and was never very good at it, but even I could have implemented any number of solutions that didn't publish random bullshit to the web.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like