back to article Brown fingerprints wanted as Phorm bungles again

In an effort to calm the European Union's anti-trust concerns, Microsoft has released 14,000 pages of coding secrets. The documentation for the first time publicly shows the underlying protocols for Office 2007, Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2007. It's going to get really fun when the US Supreme Court looks …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dave
    Paris Hilton

Stop now!

@COMMENT1

"The Supreme Court may finally rule that you can always use ***math***, even in software."

mathS... MATHS FOR GOD SAKE!!!! And no, you cannot "write them". GRRrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Paris.... fittingly.

2. Guy
    Black Helicopters

Can be either

Neither Math or Maths are "proper" words, as they are both a shortening of mathematics. If you're going to be pedantic please do it proper like. Also could we please change alluminium back to it's proper name of Aluminum....one thing the merkins have had right for ages. And just for the record I don't give a stuff what the supreme court says

3. Mark

Re: "Stop now!"

Dave, on the commentary for "A Knights Tale" (bought on the off-chance 'cos it was a fiver and suprised how much I liked it...), the idea was posited that we here in the UK do "Maths" because we can do more than the one sum.

Seems *right* somehow, doesn't it?

PS: Guy, the shortening of mathematics would be to maths. Still a plural. Math would be the shortening of mathematic, which seems to be a possessive to me, but that's well out of my league in root transitions.

4. Jared Earle
    Coat

Math?

If it were the Supreme Court of England And Wales, it would be "maths". As it's Billy-bob Sisterpudder's Supreme Court[1] in tham thar hickland, it's "math".

I'll get my coat.

[1] I wonder if Noah "Twunt" Webster tried to change the spelling to "Soopreem Cort" ...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@guy

Should be either alumium or aluminium aluminum is just plain wrong.

Davy discovered it and called it alumium. Eventually he got drunk and decided to call it aluminum, but then realised how stupid that was and agreed to follow the nomenclature of namin metallic elements and named it aluminium.

The root of alumini-whatever is alum, pronounced al-uh-m so al-uh-min-ee-um sounds OK, as does al-uh-m-ee-um

but al-uh-minum is just silly.

Al-ooooooooo-minum is like some very small indian potato based dish.

This topic is closed for new posts.