back to article PHP.net resets passwords after malware-flinging HACK FLAP

The team behind popular web programing site PHP.net is in the process of restoring services and tightening security in the aftermath of a hack that exposed visitors to JavaScript-based exploits. Malicious JavaScript code was served to a small percentage of php.net users between 22 and 24 October after two php.net servers were …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Slash and Burn worked for the Vikings

While I don't agree with the conclusion, it's hard to argue one way or the other at this point so let's wait for the diagnosis and postmortem before slinging stones.

But in the meantime, never underestimate the power of stupidity.

2. snowweb

But who would want to harm PHP?

I can't imagine who might want to harm the great PHP language that 80%+ of the worlds websites rely on... wait... unless perhaps the main technology provider of the other 20% was getting a bit desperate.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@snowweb

Please come back and wake me up when you have something cogent or interesting to say.

2. dan1980
      Joke

Re: But who would want to harm PHP?

True, if I was slinging malware around, I'd be much smarter and only upload it to sites with almost no traffic.

(This is my first time using the 'joke alert' icon. I find it condescending because I feel pretty confident that people can figure it out by themselves but you never know...)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like