back to article Microsoft crams fat Azure cloud pipe into delicate on-premises biz boxes

Amazon Web Services may be hellbent on uploading world+dog into its public cloud, but Microsoft has other ideas – and a new Azure update makes it easier for admins to consume Redmond's cloud as an add-on service for on-premises installations. The Azure tweaks were announced by Microsoft on Tuesday and see Redmond come through …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Azure hosted? Me likey.

Azure service provider (where the service provider is subject only to my nation's laws)? Grand.

Azure U.S.A? Hell no.

No amount of "but you can manage your own keys, see? See?!?" I ever going to make me trust the yanks. Nothing short of some pretty massive government reforms will even begin to restore my trust.

Too bad that Microsoft has decided that they'll market Azure service provider while simultaneously raising fees to punitive levels in an attempt to drive those selfsame service providers out of business. The end result is me not really trusting Microsoft at all.

Oh well: Openstack is largely Good Enough. Onwards.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Openstack is largely Good Enough"

If your time is of no value...Otherwise Azure is miles ahead...

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

I managed to get Pistoncloud set up in about 2 hours. Azure on-premises takes an average of 2 days. So fuck your assertion with a mottled goat.

Oh, or were you trying to compare using the unbelievably expensive NSA backdoored Azure U.S.A. public version to a local, secure, minimal-margin-to-another-vendor Openstack install?

Please, do elaborate.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like