back to article Microsoft saddles up for a ride on Sky Giraffe

Microsoft Ventures, Redmond's entry to the wonderful world of high-risk technology investing, has written its first cheque. The recipient of Redmond's largesse is Israeli outfit Sky Giraffe, which says it provides “a platform to securely extend on-premise enterprise systems directly to mobile devices.” Microsoft’s description …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Quxy
    Facepalm

100% buzzword compliant

No indication of what they actually DO, but they tick all the IT manager boxes:

"Sky Giraffe can generate a powerful task-specific app in 15 minutes and immediately deploy it to specific end users to increase productivity... Our platform is built with best practice encryption standards in order to protect all of your sensitive data... Employees with different mobile devices, versions, and operating systems are no match for SkyGiraffe... The SkyGiraffe Studio, Mobile App, and Cloud components all work together in concert to provide exceptionally powerful and up-to-date information to your workforce."

1. Ragarath

Re: 100% buzzword compliant

Employees with different mobile devices, versions, and operating systems are no match for SkyGiraffe

Oh yea? I raise you some old Nokia and Sony Erricsson phones. I bet there are plenty more.

2. A Twig
    Meh

"Graduating the the moment at which it can cash a cheque..." - Whaaaaa?

3. Tim Brown 1
    Holmes

Gobbled up all their capital?

Forgive me if I'm being naive, but isn't a core principle of high-risk investments that you make a lot of them for a small proportion of your capital each, thus, er... spreading the, erm... risk?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like