back to article Wikileaks FAILS to start Twitter bitchfight with Guardian hack

Wikileaks is engaged in a Twitter spat with Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald, accusing him of profiting from NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden's leaks to the paper. Greenwald is planning a book on Snowden, the former NSA worker who leaked documents from the agency to newspaper and other outlets. There is also talk of a movie …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    FAIL

In dire need of bigging it up.

Look at me! ME!!

Demerit points for Wikieaks. Twittering is not having the inside story of anything, and why present oneself unbidden as the mouthpiece of Mr. Snowden all of a sudden?

1. streaky

Re: In dire need of bigging it up.

Because it gets media who don't know any better writing about them again. It's PR for Toddlers 101.

2. Colin Millar
    WTF?

Another wikileaks exclusive

Professional journalist intends to make money from writing something shocker!!!

Read it all in your super soaraway wikileaks.

3. auburnman
    Thumb Down

That's Rich

Wikileaks throwing mud about not contributing to legal defence funds

*cough*BradleyManning*cough*

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: That's Rich

The inner workings of Wikileaks are a secret and should not be subject to speculation. innit.

1. FrankAlphaXII

Re: That's Rich

Someone oughta leak that. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wiki Who ?

When was the last time we got some decent leaks from them ?

5. breakfast Silver badge

Sharing in menstruation?

I am not sure what exactly co-menses are, or how it/they would interact with a Snowden cash-in.

No matter how much Wikileaks hates journalists, at least the journos are usually literate.

1. Great Bu

"at least the journos are usually literate."

At the Grauniad ? Would we go that far ? Hmmmmm.......

(although it's less important at the Guardian as no-one actually reads it...)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bradley Mannings Defence Fund

Wikileaks promised $50K, then $20K then finally delivered $15K AFTER being harangued by Manning supporters and after the trial was well underway.

Go outside for a walk Julian. We're tired of you and you're "Look at me" idiocy.

7. Vociferous

I like Wikileaks. I think it serves an important function.

In theory. In practice it's the personal litterbox of a megalomaniac sociopath.

1. Phil Koenig

Re: I like Wikileaks. I think it serves an important function.

"Megalomaniac sociopath" eh? You been reading the script of "The Fifth Estate", have you?

Someone recently suggested that Assange is a "known disinformation agent". Which really got me LOLing, because regardless what you think of their methods, I have yet to see the US government (or any other government for that matter) dispute the genuineness of the material that wikileaks has published.

If publishing true facts in what we now call "disinformation", then Orwell was definitely right.

WAR IS PEACE.

1. Intractable Potsherd

Assange is one of a group of people I am glad exist, but only as long as I don't have to deal with them personally. To do what he has done, publicly and without resorting to pseudonyms and hiding behind computer screens, suggests a very strong personality to the point of being an utter shit, but he wouldn't have headed up an organisation as potentially dangerous to the powers-that-be if he had a different personality. If I knew him, I would probably have told the police where to catch him some time ago ...

2. Vociferous

> You been reading the script of "The Fifth Estate"

I don't have to. I have eyes, and I can read. For instance New York Times account of their "cooperation" with Assange over the Manning leak. And why do you credit Assange for the leaks published through Wikileaks? He hasn't leaked anything, he's just editorializing leaks and claiming copyright of other people's leaks.

8. oz-demigod

wikileaks is becoming/hasbecome totally irrelevant. it's no longer a whistle blowing watchdog, they're just a remotely controlled extension of the assange ego trip.

the sad thing is, until they decided to piss off every major western government in one hit with that massive data dump they were doing great work......and then the ego took over when the cameras swung around and refocused. twitter war? maybe they could enlist miley and get some tips on how to grab headlines.

1. Richard_L

"maybe they could enlist miley and get some tips on how to grab headlines."

Oh... Dear... God... Nooooo! Isn't Assange insufferable enough when he's hidden away inside the Ecuadorean embassy? The last thing I want is for him to emerge and start singing and prancing around, half-naked, in a sexually provocative manner.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The last thing I want is for him to emerge and start singing and prancing around, half-naked, in a sexually provocative manner.

a - that would certainly get him booted out of the embassy (try defending that politically) so I'm all for it

b - I suspect that's the only way that Assange(tm) is going to get any more attention now his attempts at riding on the back of others is not working out so well. I bet there isn't even a journalist hanging around the Ecuadorian embassy - he has to call them before doing anything, and hide his number when he does so...

1. oz-demigod

Assange(tm) = teterrimous mingent?

9. Justin Clements

Erm...Guardian...Profit?

Did no one notice the jibe about the Guardian profiting? The Guardian that loses £50k per day! And someone accuses it of profiting? Only in their dreams.

10. mIRCat
    Coat

One sided tweeters

Does that make them twats?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What would Johnny Farnham do?

Video cued...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Spat?

Bit of a non-story this. "It's a spat, but actually, it isn't." Slow news day?

13. raving angry loony

Sour grapes perhaps?

Because the press, including El Reg, has spent all its time slagging and performing character assassinations on Assange while *completely* ignoring the data that Wikileaks is presenting?

I can see that making a few people less than enamoured with said press, and especially the folks who stand to profit from someone elses actions.

1. Intractable Potsherd

Re: Sour grapes perhaps?

I'd be grateful if you could point to any decent information that Wikileaks has presented in, say, the last six months. I haven't seen any.

2. Vociferous

Re: Sour grapes perhaps?

> the press, including El Reg, has spent all its time slagging and performing character assassinations on Assange while *completely* ignoring the data that Wikileaks is presenting

Was THAT what New York Times, Guardian, Der Spiegel and the other papers did when they published everything Assange would give them, despite Assange acting like a royal twat and claiming copoyright and demanding to select what they published, and eventually cut the papers off because they didn't stroke his ego enough?

14. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Facepalm

Sorry

When did the posting of some twit become news?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like