back to article Raspberry Picam magic: More snaps from LOHAN's fruity eye in the sky

A Sony factory in South Wales churned out its millionth Raspberry Pi this week, so we thought it would be a good moment to bring readers more from our "Pi In The Sky" camera rig, which has performed to spectacular effect during test flights for our Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) mission. Click here for a bigger …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Micallef Silver badge
    Pint

Good stuff, have one* of these >>>>>>>>

* Oh, OK, go ahead

2. SW10
    Alien

How technology has changed...

Time was, you'd need a full-on sound-stage to fake astroheroic adventures.

And there you boys are, faking it all from your own backyard.

Splendid.

3. Peter Mount
    Pint

Timely

Seeing that only a couple of days ago both RS & Element14are now doing bundles of the Model A with a camera for about 26 quid - add VAT it's about 31 :-(

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/5048

4. Parax

Bah..

It's all just Pi in the sky...

5. Jonathan Richards 1
    Happy

Paper aircraft not released in atmosphere?

Whose idea was it to put a bit of folded paper to flap about between the camera and the main point of the mission, then? I see it was still attached on return to terra firma, too.

However, I shouldn't gripe, I'll start to sound like a helium-conserver :)

Well done.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Paper aircraft not released in atmosphere?

That'd be Rob Eastwood, attempting to break the PARIS world record with his hi-tech stratoplane. Unsuccessfully, as you've noted.

Due to the irritating flapping about, paper darts are now banned from all future LOHAN missions, unless properly restrained and out of shot.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like