back to article Xerox: Web 2.0 coming to a grey box office soon

Xerox has climbed on board the crowded Web 2.0 ship with the introduction of solutions-based document management for its customers. Coming very late to the party, the photocopier giant has finally created its own HTML web-based, "IT friendly" product for office users. The step Xerox has taken into the software solutions …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael Duggan

Xerox late again...

I have no idea what Xerox are selling here once again. What is the relevance between Java and HTML which have been around for a decade? My organisation procures a very significant amount of Xerox equipment but find that:

- Xerox never tell us about their technology (we have to find out on the website ourselves). In fact Xerox don't even tell themselves - case in point, Xerox Europe tried to implement a Documentum solution only for it to be killed due to budget cutbacks. Only then did somebody realise Xerox made a CMS system (docushare) ! that they could implement instead, and then realised some of their customers might want to procure it!

- Pricing is normally way out in the initial stages which frighten off the clients. (15K per named user of their search system (forget the name but sold off to one of the big search players).

- So clients don't buy and Xerox don't invest in the product.

- So it ends up being sold to somebody who will do something with it or it gathers dust.

Xerox really need to work on their ability to take a product from research through to the market in a semi competent manner. And yes Marketing does matter - if I don't know Xerox sell it I'm hardly going to purchase it am I!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not solutions-based

They're talking about keeping the docs in the computers, not using inks to print them.

No matter how many small pieces you smash a computer into, it won't dissolve in water. So this would be suspensions-based, not solutions-based.

Seriously, though, I'm very upset that you've soiled your digital pages with this disgusting term. It's nothing more than rubbish invented by marketers to impress stupid managers. Or do their competitors really sell products that are "problems-based"?

3. Tom

weather reports, speaking printers etc

They should stick to what they do best. Lose money.

This topic is closed for new posts.