back to article Alfresco's IPO is bad news for tech stock junkies

UK open-source software biz Alfresco took a big decision in January when it named its first new chief executive in eight years, replacing the British John Powell with the American Doug Dennerline. Powell, who had been CEO since the founding of Alfresco, captained the British company from small fish to 1,300-customer whale, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. cheveron

I don't wear suits to interviews as it filters out employers I don't want to work for. Alfresco was one of them. Which is a shame, because it's a good product.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sounds like we dodged a bullet there...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Actually...

"Alfresco bosses claimed they became the most successful open source company by revenue after Red Hat, and – while they don’t release numbers"

I think you'll find I'm the most successful open source outfit in FRONT of Red Hat. I'm not going to give you any figures, you'll just have to take my word for it, but I am. Please give me a hundred million English dollars (10,000,000) please.

See easy to do bullshit marketing without any facts.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Cisco ... is all about the customer and what the customer wants."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

4. Rol

If I was out to protect my clients from Americas obsessive need to know everything about everybody, I'd go open source, every time.

Unless my business had the slightest connection with America, which would nullify the non Microsoft approach as the shady ones would get what they wanted Linux or no.

I predict open source will flourish in these post Snowden days, but not with companies that are within the reach of American jurisdiction, or who have patriotic American staff quietly doing the NSA's bidding.

1. asdf

> but not with companies that are within the reach of American jurisdiction, or who have patriotic American staff quietly doing the NSA's bidding.

I think you will find that people in the US often working for US companies still write more lines of open source code than just about any other country. Red Hat is an American company after all. Its only our crazies you hear from that think open source is communism.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like