back to article Microsoft TechDays Online: block out your calendar

Microsoft TechDays Online is a lovely opportunity for IT pros and developers to beef up on the latest developments in Microsoft client, server, cloud, system management and developer tools technologies. The Register is a media partner of Microsoft for this free online event and this is our promo. Microsoft TechDays run from …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Christian Berger

Yay, free advertisements!

It's not like you'll learn anything you'll ever need outside the Microsoft bubble.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yay, free advertisements! @Christian Berger

Company event talks about company products shocker. Who'd have thought it? Nice try. Well, not really.

2. Colin 11

Actually, not bad for a freebie

Have you actually viewed any of these? they are delivered by techies with marketing schpeel kept to a minimum and to my mind are actually quite valuable if you are in to doing new things with Microsoft technology.

Having generally UK based people deliver it makes it more entertaining than the US based delivery too.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Windows

humbug

It's a nice gesture but I can't help think that commercial interests are the main drive here. Trying to put their latest and most ignored products better into the spotlight.

If they really care for people's interest in their line of products, especially the people which matter, then they should reverse their braindead decision to whack TechNet. Because that was a real valuable source of information.

If you really want to know about Microsoft products then nothing beats hands on experience combined with the vast amounts of information provided by the TechNet libraries.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: humbug

It's a nice gesture but I can't help think that commercial interests are the main drive here. Trying to put their latest and most ignored products better into the spotlight.

If that were true then they'd be talking about Server 2014 and all its bling.

4. Craigie

no chromies

Apparently the 'Register' link on the event page does actually work, as long as you use IE.

Should have expected that really...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: no chromies

Really? I've just signed up no problem using chrome.

5. Dave Lawton

No Firefox users

Bloody useless.

Doesn't work with Firefox either.

I signed up for a live.com account long ago (with Firefox), and used it to download an eval of server2012, so I know it works.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like