back to article 'ALL information leaks', Samsung exec told us – Nokia splutters in filing

This was the week when a judge ordered a probe into allegations of a confidentiality breach after Samsung execs were said to have viewed secret Apple docs they should never have clapped eyes on. As part of its IP spat with Samsung, Apple had to disclose a number of its patent agreements – with Nokia, Sharp, Philips, Ericsson …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Samsung seem to be getting a lot of bad press at the moment - perhaps the tide is turning. That issue with potentially massaging benchmark figures, region locking it's handsets and the mis-step of showing it made (really nasty looking) gold phones.

1. Bumpy Cat

Gold phones?

One of these is not like the others ;) While I think gold phones are pretty ugly, bad taste is (regrettably) not a shooting offense.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

This is why you don't all flock to one brand and give it a dominant position.

Samsung are quite possibly worse than Microsoft and Apple:

http://stopsamsung.wordpress.com/

1. MrXavia

Samsung worse than Apple and Microsoft? Nah...

Samsung often making idiotic decisions, yes...

I prefer samsung because they support standards like DLNA on all their devices, and never have I had to re-encode a video file to play on any of my samsung devices...

Sure Samsungs own apps leave something to be desired, but that don't matter if you have choice

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

That's ok for you but most people are stuck with the standard apps.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

If this were Apple

Then the Press would be having a field day slagging them off and demanding that they change their practices

But Samsung seems to control the Judiciary and the Media in Korea.

Elsewhere, the great God Samsung can seemingly do no wrong.

I refuse to buy any Samsung product and have done for 2+ years.

3. Graham Dawson Silver badge

Course, the great thing is, if or when Sammy goes down another manufacturer will slip into its place with a new line of droid phones and you'll be able to seamlessly transfer all your contacts and apps between them without any hassle.

Of course, it has to be acknowledged that not everyone is comfortable with all that information being handled by Google.

2. 100113.1537

"All information leaks"

... is a truism we should all remember. And another one is that it is the cover-up which gets you caught (and put in jail).

Don't have a dog in the Sammie/Apple fight, but this is the most sensible thing i have heard come out of it so far!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Moore's got a point, and Californian law doesn't apply across the whole USA.

1. Hud Dunlap

@ac 14:31. don't count on it

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/18/19025572-california-prosecutors-man-threw-ex-wife-off-cruise-ship-in-italy?lite

Couldn't find the later article where the appeals court stated that California laws don't stop at the border.

4. Vociferous

"you want to sell out the species to the satanists"

Well, to be fair - who doesn't?

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

Great FOTW

Now who sent it?

6. Sheep!

"you want to sell out the species to the satanists"

Given the devastation and misery the other religions have caused down the ages it's probably about time they at least had a go at it.

7. I am not spartacus

"In other news, Rockstar, the gang behind Grant Theft Auto V, was smacked hard..."

OK, and this may just be evidence of how out of touch I am, is there really evidence that Rockstar have been stealing grants. Otherwise, its just going to be a slightly dull game, isn't it, and one with little excuse for a banging backing track, and the gratuitous outbreak of gratuitousness that makes games selling propositions?

OTOH, you'll probably find enough sad individuals of whom I may or may not be one, who'd at least give it a go. I mean, you don't know until you've tried, do you?

It might work, but I think games about Satanists stand more chance. Satanists and World Domination (with extra smacking, if they are very naughty Satanists)? Now there's an not-a-marriage made in somewhere-or-another!

This topic is closed for new posts.