back to article Missing Brit SPACE HEDGEHOG RISES from the GRAVE

The Brit space hedgehog which went missing back in March during a high-altitude ballooning mission has miraculously been recovered, battered and bruised but otherwise intact. CASSiE (Cosmic Ambassador for Space Science and Engineering) took off from Frome in Somerset as part of the MARSBalloon project to send student …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cliff

I love this story

Not much else to add.

2. ElectricFox
    Black Helicopters

They're here!

Hmm, looks like an alien seedship to me. Good job they got it out of that field before it spawned more experiments! Great story.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sniff

I think it is good you guys covered this, must have brought up some painful memories.

'Naught not forgotten.

4. Graham Marsden
    Coat

"test how everyday objects will survive on Mars"

Well unless they're going to get run-over by Curiosity...

5. Anonymous John

Perhaps there's still hope for the missing Playmonaut.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

We'd like to think so.

1. Peter Simpson 1
        Thumb Up

Chin up!

(underlines the importance of weatherproof labels with name and phone number, I'd say)

2. Stevie

Perhaps there's still hope for the missing Playmonaut

SInce that entire project was faked in a studio the chances are good that playmo"naut" was quietly disposed of here on Earth by Legomen in Black.

6. Don Jefe

Not Sure

The mower driver wasn't sure what he had run over... Fair enough, but it was still very Terran in appearance. I think all future experiments should be dressed up like alien spacecraft. To better engage the public you see. They can even have a motion activated recording ordering the Human discoverer to "Take me to your leader" or "Contact your news team. I would like to call a press conference".

1. AndrueC Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Not Sure

They can even have a motion activated recording ordering the Human discoverer to "Take me to your leader"

That's not very plausible though. One assumes visiting aliens would monitor our information networks for a while before landing. After that why the hell would they want to be taken to our leaders?

1. Rattus Rattus

Re: Not Sure

> "After that why the hell would they want to be taken to our leaders?"

Because they have rayguns and want to help us?

7. IanNW

I've been moved to create an account...

...just so I can say that this is probably the most exciting thing to happen in Severn Beach in the 14 years I've lived there.

I'm glad it's been recorded for posterity. When such experiments eventually make it to the Red Planet, I feel that a small plaque should be erected on the fence it hit to commemorate its role in the endeavour.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Imagine what it must have been like for the property owner whose fence got hit...

If you were outside, you'd see this balloon drop down, whack your fence, drop little yellow peep-looking things all over your yard and then take off again....

"What the Hell?!"

1. jubtastic1

Re: Imagine what it must have been like for the property owner whose fence got hit...

More likely is, you come home from work to find your fence bashed in and a shitload of yellow eggs on the floor. bloody kids.

2. Wzrd1 Silver badge

Re: Imagine what it must have been like for the property owner whose fence got hit...

If it were in the US, first the bomb squad would be called.

Then, extensive litigation over emotional distress over a possible terrorist attack and a secondary loss of consortium claim.

Meanwhile, the balloon would be awaiting someone to pay bail, pending its trial for unlawful flight from the scene of an accident.

3. Martin Budden Silver badge

Have the team been able to identify the address of the fence in question? There may still be some little yellow podules lurking under the bushes.

This topic is closed for new posts.