back to article Apple TV update available after weekend tellybox-wiping snafu

Friday's update to Apple TV, which was unceremoniously pulled over the weekend following stability issues, is back again – with iTunes radio and cloudy AirPlay support. The update, version 6.0, disappeared some time on Sunday following reports of eager upgraders seeing their content disappear or their beloved TV boxes bricked …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Version 6 promises not to erase your Breaking Bad stash

"This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed...bitch!"

2. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
    Happy

"It Just Works"?

Sometimes, this shit just writes itself...

GJC

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does it make sense to sell my AppleTV2's?

I've read that the ATV2 is currently selling (used) for around 3 x what I paid for them new!

Something to do with jail breaking not yet available for the ATV3,

I've happily loaded the UnliMovieTV certificates and DNS to overlay one of my Apple TV2 'trailers' buttons - but I think I can sell one of my other ATV2's, buy a refurb ATV3, and have £100 in hand... It just works for me!

1. Salts

Re: Does it make sense to sell my AppleTV2's?

Yep - I have ATV1 and second hand it is worth more than an new ATV3, considering it is about 6 years old thats not so bad. It runs openelec and has been upgraded with a crystal HD decoder, I may remove the HDD and put in a small SSD as it only ever streams from a NAS box

I would keep the ATV2, or buy a ATV1 not an ATV3 with the profit

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I see

Clearly, the in-house eHealth application is still some time away.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Doesn't have iOS 7 interface anyway.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How do they keep getting this stuff wrong?

They've got at most 3 generations of totally "known" hardware, with a shockingly small list of things it actually runs or connects to, coupled with a vanishingly small list of configuration options and no customization to deal with in any way shape or form (ie. some people have jailbroken but Apple isn't concerned with updating them).

And they still can't test their software updates properly before releasing them?

W. T. F

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apple constantly following Google these days.

They copied all the stuff from a 2 year old Android version for ios7 and now copying the Chromecast stuff in their AppleTV stuff.

Yet it seems Apple are the ones that are litigate happy all the time.

This topic is closed for new posts.