back to article 'I shot the sheriff': Turnbull asked for NBN Co board scalps

New communications minister Malcolm Turnbull has told a Sydney press conference that the government specifically requested the resignation of the NBN Co board, “to give the government complete flexibility in remaking the board in light of the policy agenda.” Turnbull said that “I have never criticised any of the individuals on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven Roper

Oh yeah

Translation: "We want all of Rudd's mates gone so we can give the cushy sinecure positions to our mates."

Sometimes these politicians' motives are so transparent you could use them to measure Doppler shifts in distant galaxies.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Predictions

1. The CBA will show that the fibre model is better in the medium/long term.

2. Turnbull will use the CBA as a reason to keep the fibre model.

3. His business mates will make a few bucks out of this, somehow.

3. poopypants

I'm not really fussed what they end up doing

provided it is the most cost effective solution. Given my current 400GB cap, I have no need for 100Mbps, since that would cause my children to hit our monthly cap in under 9 hours of downloads.

Frankly, I have no wish to pay more for something I would rather not have.

4. Winkypop Silver badge

The board would have resigned sooner

If they'd had a faster internet connection.

Coming soon: The NBN, Newscorp Barstardised Network

5. Wombling_Free

Weekly reports eh? Oh yeah, that'll fix things and make everything ticketyboo.

It usually takes, oh, what 4 days to write a report like that?

Line up for the GRAVY boys!

6. MikeK

Turnball DID NOT ask the NBN board to resign, the board resigned of their own accord, Turnball fabricated the story to save being embarrassed.

7. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like