back to article Foxconn: 11 hurt in 'personal' fights between workers

Eleven Foxconn workers were hurt after a "large fight" broke out among them near the Nintendo, Dell and Nokia supplier's factory last week, the firm has confirmed. Between 300 and 400 people joined in with the ruckus on Thursday evening, which took place in the eastern city of Yanta after what Foxconn described as a gathering …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Large-scale fights simply do not break out at well-run factories with a contented and well-paid workforce," said Geoff Crothall, a spokesman for China Labour Bulletin"...

Foxconn have around 1.2 million employees worldwide, mostly in China.

They are plenty of factories, in the UK, where they have 100 people employed where major punch-ups occurred after a drunken night out.

Non-news.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

So that's why my new Dell had a tooth inside the box!

2. Turtle

Unless...

"'Large-scale fights simply do not break out at well-run factories with a contented and well-paid workforce unless, of course, alcohol is being served.' said Geoff Crothall, a spokesman for China Labour Bulletin."

3. Rob
    Joke

In other news...

"'Large-scale fights simply do not break out at well-run old people's homes with a contented and well-fed bunch of residents unless, of course, alcohol is being served.' said Geoff Crothall, a spokesman for Retirement Homes Bulletin."

Seems you can apply that statement to a lot of things ;-)

1. Frankee Llonnygog

Re: In other news...

You've just described the Houses of Parliament.

4. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Pint

Getcher bets down, boys!

"near the Nintendo, Dell and Nokia supplier's factory"

Gimme $20 on the Dell one! The Nokia one's half-dead anyway...

5. GaryDMN

Why is this news?

This is only news, because of the press and the unions are attacking Apple. How many US organizations have China Labor in their name, existed 3 years ago? Where do they get their funding? I think these are questions that anyone can guess the answer to.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Why is this news?

And don't mention the dozen other western companies that do business with Foxconn.

2. Lottie

Re: Why is this news?

Eh?

So there's a secret cabal of anti apple folk who sponsor this one organisation *just* to cause headaches for the fruity tech corp?

Hell, Apple wasn't ven mentioned until the last paragraph. Long after Nintendo, Dell and Nokia were named. I suppose it's also anti Apple to not include them int he first paragraph too?

6. ecofeco Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Dormitory fever

Maybe it's just me, but it seems open plan dormitories are not conducive to dating, let alone sex.

In other words, they probably really need to get laid.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Dormitory fever

My first assumption was exactly the opposite. Dorms are great for getting laid and I assume the fighting was over women.

7. json

Let me guess..

. the party's theme was "Enter the dragon".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like