back to article Mobile broadband 'fastest growing technology in history' says ITU

Mobile networks are fast outrunning fixed broadband in terms of growth, according to the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), and that's going to put pressure on wireless spectrum's ability to cope. Singapore, Japan and Finland top the world in mobile broadband penetration on a per-100-inhabitants basis, with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Getting 100% on-line is an impossible dream

some people just don't want to be online.

They don't feel the need.

They don't want the NSA/GCHQ/FSB etc snooping on their every move

and a dozen more reasons.

2. poopypants

Good luck

getting the Amish online.

1. returnmyjedi

A pitchfork would make quite an effective antenna though.

2. Great Bu

Re: Good luck

We have a mobile 'phone mast to build and only a day to do it......

3. MrXavia

I am all for better penetration...

But right now I'd be happy with consistent mobile coverage for making calls!

as it is i have to route my mobile to a sip account to ensure I can always answer my phone (usually when I am outside of network coverage I can see a hotspot I can use...)

4. James 51

It's the same problem with the drug companies. There's more money (in the short term at least) in improving services to the rich than spreading them to the poor so the gap between the two gets ever wider.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

“the fastest growing technology in human history”?

well, just after fire perhaps....

6. Kubla Cant

I doubt it

I've recently been thinking of changing my phone contract. The prices charged for mobile data are absurdly high, and the allowances pitiful*. I doubt whether the technology is growing at all.

*Yes, I know 3 makes a big fuss about its unlimited data contracts, but to use that data I'll need to be able to get a connection.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like