back to article Our sensational rocket ship Vulture 2 REVEALED: LIVE at 3pm

Cue the traditional fanfare of trumpets, because this afternoon at 3pm UK time, we'll be whipping the covers off our sensational Vulture 2 craft for the first time: so you can get an idea of just what the world's first 3D-printed, rocket-powered spaceplane looks like. Here's the beast in component form last week, straight out …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

3G

If you are streaming over 3G using Mobistar, it'll almost defo go tits up!!

Seriously though, good luck to the whole team! We're cheering you on from Gibraltar, see if you can land her on our runway! ;)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 3G

Nah,

The Spanish would probably try and take it prisoner and ask for Gibraltar in exchange for LOHAN

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Did the ignition test succeed yesterday?

1. Andus McCoatover
      Alien

The silence tells us nothing...

If it didn't, the SPB team obviously went to the boozer to drown their sorrows.

If it did, the SPB team obviously went to the boozer to celebrate.

Either way, I wouldn't expect much till the mother-of-all-hangovers subsides...

3. graeme leggett Silver badge

Stunning at the moment

Can't wait to see the finished article.

Hoping for something in the best traditions of Dan Dare, Thunderbirds and the golden age of British flight ( "Empire of the Clouds" by James Hamilton-Paterson)

4. ukgnome

Dammit stupid firewall - stupid corporate firewall

1. Andus McCoatover
      Windows

BYOD!

Surreptitiously secreted 7" tablet, and a long toilet break?

1. joeW

Re: BYOD!

Thank god you specified "tablet" in that post.

5. Number6

Orientation

so don't be surprised if the whole thing goes titsup at some point.

Mount the tits on the correct part of the fuselage so that when they are up, the net result is that it's still pointing in the right direction.

6. Anonymous Custard
    Headmaster

The missing competition

One thing that struck me on my journey to work this morning (must look where I'm going more) is that whilst we've had commentard competitions for naming almost all of the components for LOHAN (and indeed PARIS before it), there's one element that surely deserves a name more than anything - our heroic playmonaut?

Come on, with all the sterling service that he (or indeed she, given many of Hollywood's plastic people are of the lady persuasion) has given in the air, on Spanish mountainsides and of course in the English Channel (RIP Playmonaut Snr) isn't it about time they were given a suitably heroic (or cheesy) name themselves?

1. Shrimpling

Re: The missing competition

I propose Herschel or Alekseyevich.

2. Stratman

Re: The missing competition

Don't name them. Then you don't become attached.

It's for the best.

7. Gonebirdin

AirFix?

It's gonna take a lot of tins to paint that bugger

1. graeme leggett Silver badge

Re: AirFix?

It's OK, Humbrol do cans of spray these days.

And recently a line of RLM colours in enamel - but they would make it hard to track visually.

8. David Nash Silver badge

That batc.tv video feed never works for me, maybe its the corporate firewall. I could see the chat though.

It was nice to follow the track on the map but no live video for me.

9. Miek
    Coat

Colonel, you better take a look at this radar. What is it, son? I don't know, sir, but it looks like a giant ...

10. Richard Altmann
    Paris Hilton

Name ?

Some say he/she´s been moulded without a serial number to cover up his/her existence at all. All we know is: He/ She´s might be retreating to the mysterious Swedish lesbian enclave to recover from his/her astounding stratodangles. Pics pse.

11. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
    Flame

Flat pack rocket powered 3D printed aircraft

...but the assembly instructions were poorly rendered hand drawn cartoons showing parts not included in the kit and you had one odd shaped part left over.

We're doomed I tell ya, we're all DOOOOOOmmmed!

12. Astarte

Original Directives

If I recall correctly LOHAN was to be a paper structure. Is the new 3D-printed version made from liquefied Papier Mâché or did I miss one its many evolutionary stages. Perhaps the link was broken when the use of PARIS was dropped.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Original Directives

LOHAN was always a 3D-printed, rocket-powered aircraft.

2. Miek
      Linux

Re: Original Directives

The PARIS project was the Paper Aeroplane Release "In" Space. This one is a Ballocket experiment.

This topic is closed for new posts.