back to article Live now: LOHAN igniter test flight

The Register's mighty Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) team is, as you read this, in the field preparing a second test flight of our Vulture 2 spaceplane's rocket motor igniter assembly, following Monday's dramatic first attempt which ended on a Spanish mountainside following premature balloon burst. Click here for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pen-y-gors

Oh bum...

there goes all hope of a productive afternoon's coding....

1. Peter Mount

Re: Oh bum...

Same here... I've got a lot of coding to do this afternoon but I'll try to do that whilst watching ;-)

1. Evil Auditor Silver badge
        Happy

Code review

And the poor reviewer will wonder what was wrong with these guys when they wrote that code.

2. hammarbtyp
    Pirate

Arrrgh, they be adrift me hearties.

God speed to ya

3. ukgnome

Excellent

The sites are not blocked behind this corporate firewall.

Hmm, can I legitimise the websites with the client.

4. Anonymous Custard

Channel Reg

Conditions are looking ideal for a flight which doesn't involve either the English Channel or a Spanish mountainside, so wish us luck.

I'd be quite impressed if you managed to ditch in the channel again from all the way down there.

Anyway good fortune m'hearties and here's to raising a tot of grog later to a (hopefully) successful raid. By the way, will the intrepid Cap'n Playmonaut be kitted out in suitable eyepatch and tricorn for the voyage?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Photo necessary

Wonderful live launch feed... Best of all is the close shot of Lester filming upwards, belly protruding southwards of his T-shirt.

Anonimous for obvious reasons...

6. ukgnome

Is it wrong

That watching the live feed I have the Milky War theme of red car and the blue car had a race driving through my head?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Max alt difference

439m difference between the max alt of the two payloads attached to the same balloon, are you using a playmanaut with a stretchy tape measure?

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Re: Max alt difference

Drop one, balloon shoots up before the second is released?

8. phuzz Silver badge

And as I look at the live map, hmm, that looks like a reading for change in altitude, I wonder which way is +'ve

hmm, that number's definitely going down HEY THEY'RE COMING DOWN!

9. Neil Barnes Silver badge

And they're down.

1. phuzz Silver badge

And is that a bit of Tshirt I see on image 34 (http://ssdv.habhub.org/PIE)? It's been found already!

10. Sporkinum

That was cool!

Had fun wasting 45 minutes of unproductivity at work. Congratulations on the impressive altitude achieved. Hope the ignition test went well.

11. Pet Peeve

Grats on it practically landing in the trunk of your car! Test results?

12. Andus McCoatover
    Linux

Arrr. I await yer reportin' scroll wi' bated barnacles!

Damn yer black 'eart..Oi fergot it's "International Talk like a Pirate day"

Cap'n Scumbucket - at yer service, or yer dubloons!

(Icon - cos it's a bit like a parrot...)

13. Pirate Dave Silver badge

Great stuff

That was awesome. Best morning (here in the US) I've spent at work in quite a while. :) Great work all around, guys.

If El Reg would do more of this type of stuff, I'd consider upgrading to the Platinum Subscription.

1. Martin Budden Silver badge

Re: Great stuff

G'day Pirate Dave, just wondering, was yesterday "Talk Like A Normal Bloke Day" for you?

14. Kevin Payne
    Alien

Decontamination

I hope the team is decontaminating after recovery, there could be aliens on board:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-truth-is-out-there-british-scientists-claim-to-have-found-proof-of-alien-life-8826690.html

1. daveake

Re: Decontamination

That really is a most appalling piece of deduction. They cannot rule out contamination and they appear to have done very little to prevent it.

This topic is closed for new posts.