back to article Telstra scrambles to fix voice

Telstra is scrambling to overcome an outage that ABC Radio is reporting has affected “tens of thousands” of business voice services nationwide. The outage affects customers of Telstra's Digital Business service. Digital Business is a range of bundles covering both broadband connection and telephony. At the time of writing, a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bill Posters

Mr

My cynical side would suggest the 'upgrade' was to install the 'Liberal-Conservative' module in the Management decision support system in anticipation of the upcoming 'free and frank discussions' on changes to NBN arrangements.

But that would require me to GAS*

So its probably just some really old copper somewhere disintegrated as it got exposed to oxygen as someone opened a pit somewhere for the first time in 60 years,

GAS - give a shit.

2. Gray Ham Bronze badge

Ah, the good old days ...

... as soon as it rains, the internet stops working and half the traffic lights in Canberra go on the blink ...

3. cyberdemon Silver badge
    Devil

Faulty wiretap, perhaps?

Maybe a certain black box has spewed out some blue smoke.

4. Tim Bates

Probably forgot about security

I haven't had much to do with these setups, aside from fixing up what Telstra's fucked up. But the few times I've been fiddling, I've been left wondering if they actually secured anything.

Sadly I've never had time to investigate further, but a story like this makes me wonder if someone else DID have time...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like