back to article Jimmy Wales to chair World Economic Forum on the Middle East

Jimmy Wales is set to co-chair the annual World Economic Forum on the Middle East, an event billed as "the foremost global gathering of political, business and cultural leaders." The Wikipedia co-founder will chair the event alongside Khalid Abdulla-Janahi, chairman of Bahrain's Ithmaar Bank; Mohammed Alshaya, executive …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kane
    Paris Hilton

Whu??

Eh?

For some reason I suddenly felt that I had just travelled back in time to exactly one week ago.

It's a bit late for April Fools. Isn't it?

Like you said Reg, a Jimmy Wales April Fools story is no match for the real thing.

Paris, cos' she's no fool...

2. Solomon Grundy

Now I Know

what's wrong with the world today.

"Impeccable leadership skills", Jesus. That's crazy Scientology talk.

3. Sceptical Bastard

Stranger than fiction

Headline: "Jimmy Wales to chair World Economic Forum on the Middle East." Surely this *IS* the real Jimbo April Fools story?

What next? Sergey Brin and Larry Page to co-preside over the G8?

4. ImaGnuber

Oh the Possibilities

"not necessarily any knowledge of the region - which he may or may not have."

Surely he will look it up in Wikipedia? Let's all start editing... could be hilarious!

5. Alan Donaly
    Alien

Are you sure

you didn't get this from Wikipedia. This is why you don't make up stories about guys like Jimmy Whales they will trump you every time.

Just the title (if you said it aloud) is enough to get you institutionalized in most countries.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Duke, Duke, Duke...

Duke of York,

Duke, Duke,

Duke of York

Duke, Duke,

Duke of York

(repeat from the top)

7. Rich
    Thumb Down

Is it true?

That Sub-Lieutenant HRH The Duke of York's nickname in the Navy was C*nt?

Partly because he expected those senior to him to call him Sir? And insisted on being accompanied by his new wife following the fleet in some style on one of the RFAs.

Allegedly.

8. Outsider

Priceless

wikipedia founder

duke of york

in the World Economic forum

truly the lunatics are in charge of the asylum

9. Marco

Thetanic Wales

I suppose he will sit around there until he has a cognition.

Oh, that was your story on Scientology? Sorry, it's quite easy to confuse these guys.

10. Pascal Monett Silver badge

How exactly is he a businessman ?

The oversized head that he has gained in no way makes him a businessman, much less a successful one.

He could conceivably qualify himself as a successful lobbyist, though.

But where culture is concerned, he needs quite a lot of educating before being able to tout himself as culturally knowledgeable. And given his stance on moderating, along with his penchant to change the odds in whatever way suits him, I seriously doubt that any forum presided by His Wackyness and buddies will have anything to bring to the public as far as Knowledge is concerned.

We will certainly find out what misguided female is accompanying him, but he needn't preside a forum for that - I'm sure there are a few rags available who'd be happy to publish a line on that subject. Maybe even a picture.

Like I care.

This topic is closed for new posts.