back to article Japanese carrier to test smell-o-vision phone kit

Would you like to come home to the rich smell of a beef dinner roasting? Or be woken up with the whiff of freshly cut grass? Both could soon be possible, provided the upcoming trial of a odour-outputting mobile phone rig doesn’t get up Japanese consumers' noses. NTT_smell_pic1 NTT's Mobile Fragrance Communication kit: …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Phewwy!

Remind me not to use that kit to phone any pig farmers or to call the effluent engineer at the local water company!

2. Louis Cowan
    Flame

Could be interesting

Prank calls would be hilarious - I'd be constantly ring up my mates and farting down the phone at them!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Hackers

So are these completly hack proof, or could the BOFH be busy filling my house with the smell of fresh poo as I drive home?

Bill, because he stinks too

4. Nicholas Ettel
    Paris Hilton

wow

Seriously, the Japanese never cease to amaze me with how... just... out there they really are.

PH because she needs her own sent.

5. Francis Boyle Silver badge

The Japanese crucified Santa Claus

and it seems that they haven't quite got the hang of April fool's day either.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Phone sex anyone?

I wonder if this will make phone sex more popular?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

to be honest...

i think the idea stinks

coat donned, taxi called.

8. Pyros
    Coat

A thought

Inquiring BOfHs want to know--when will the strommburg (or whatever that year-old canned fish) scent be avaliable?

Mine's the rainslicker...

9. Ryan
    Coat

"watch cartoons with appropriate smells"

South Park Season 1 Episode 10 - "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo"

10. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

What a load of crap.....

This kit will never work unless the Jap chaps invent the smell equivalent of echo-cancellation.

Without that, imagine if the other end 'turn up the volume' and stick an even heavier 'dose' right back at you?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

not imaginative enough

Come on, this is from the country that sells (or used to) used panties in vending machines.

Yes, whatever kinky scent your westernized brain can image, and dozens more that you wouldn't ever think of, will be sold in the little sex shops that abound in certain sections of Tokyo...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nathan Barley

I'd prefer the Wasp T-10 Speechtool's thermotones, although I have heard that you can't use them in either Central London or Hull, due to interference from the London Aquarium and the Deep causing the anti-shark action to go haywire.

The inclusion of every known integer on the keypad is nice though.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

1 week Late....

April Fools was last week guys, Who has ever heard such rubbish....

14. Dr.Frito

Eww...

Umm, since tons o' people carry their phones in their back pockets....don't they already have smell'o'vision?

One of the reasons I only use flip phones....don't need the mike filling up w/ my beanie dinner waffs.....then putting my mouth there...

15. skeptical i
    Thumb Up

John Waters must be thrilled ...

... to see Odorama(R) taken to the next level. (See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082926/ for details.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like