back to article Xbox 360 'Wii Remote' in development?

Microsoft is secretly designing a Wii Remote-style motion controller for the Xbox 360, it has been claimed. If it's real, the add-on could appear in stores in time for Christmas. An unnamed developer source has apparently told MTV News that Microsoft’s motion-sensitive controller is designed to replicate all of the Wii Remote’ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

If you can't beat 'em

copy 'em.

Is it me or are M$ grasping at straws to try and stop the slide.

I mean how many more cock-ups do they need.

1. Bring console to market early - console dies regularly.

2. Bring more reliable consoles to market - consoles still dying regularly.

3. Back HD-DVD - HD-DVD discontinued, consoles still dying.

4. Release Halo3 - enough said.

5. Release console minus HDD - best selling console game require HDD.

and my favourite... drop price on consoles to stop Sony's increased sales..... result, Sony's sales increase, Xbox360s still regularly dying.

I hope Nintendo sue their asses off.

2. Mark
    Dead Vulture

Seems like Sony and Nintendo got it right.

Microsoft are in a tailspin, pannicking, and fitting Blu-ray and Wii-Remotes to try and keep the 360 alive.

Outside of US, it's a dead duck...

Using the dead duck icon, as that's what the 360 is.

3. Abe

LOL Sony Fan Boys Ahoy!

Just for the record I have a Wii and am not a microsoft fanboy. The reason I dont have a 360 or a PS3 is purely because the games that they excell in (FPS) id rather play on a PC (mouse and keyboard FTW).

However

1. Bring console to market early - console dies regularly.

This hardly effected them they still got the sale before it died

2. Bring more reliable consoles to market - consoles still dying regularly.

Again they still got the sale before it died

The HD-DVD was an ADD-ON and hardly any 360 customers bought it!

4. Release Halo3 - enough said.

Personally I think Halo is the worst FPS series Ive ever played so slow and boring (Quakeworld thank you very much) however it's still sold more than any PS3 game has it not?

5. Release console minus HDD - best selling console game require HDD.

A few of my mates have 360's with out the HDD and not one game has not worked without it so your talking nonesense.

4. Mark Ashworth
    Coat

@Abe

I agree with you about playing FPS on the PC, but I do also own a PS3 & a Wii and have had a XB360.

1. Bring console to market early - console dies regularly

yes they did, and yes it does, granted they have the sale but a 30% failure rate is pretty bad, I know of a lot of people who have finally had enough of the RROD and traded in for a PS3.

It was an add-on, but M$ put so much money into pushing HD-DVD it was obscene, and this was done just to prolong the format war.

4. Halo

I'm sorry, I'll stick to Crysis, UT3, Far Cry, anything other than Halo (my god it's dull)

5. I believe some of the new "big" titles will require a HDD, so having a console without one, seems a little short sighted.

as far as the wii controller being copied by M$, I do nintendo sued for it.

mine's the one with the target for the XBOX fanbois

5. Nick

Just a quick HDD point

You need a HDD on the 360 to go online with Burnout Paradise, for example.

6. Steve Rowsell

@Mark

Another Sony fanboy spending their time flaming the Xbox 360 instead of playing their huge catalogue of AAA games or watching overpriced movies on their wonderful console.

If the PS3 is so superior, then why not enjoy using it and wait for the demise of the 360, (as you and all your sheep-like fanboy chums seem to think is inevitable)? I'll tell you why not, because you all feel threatened by the console with the larger user base and superior games catalogue.

Its almost like you fanboys feel you have to justify your purchase of your white elephant of a console. When your highest profile release (and the first to be bundled with the console) is little more than a demo, then I'd imagine you would be starting to regret purchasing the PS3.

Get a life mate.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Steve Rowsell

It's usually the case that the first poster to accuse someone of being a fanboy, is most likely a fanboy themselves.

In your case, there's nothing in your post to suggest otherwise.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like