back to article LOHAN doomsday box dubbed BRASTRAP

The results of our reader poll are in, and we're delighted to report that our Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) doomsday box will forthwith be officially known as the Big Red Abort Switch To Release Aerial Payload, aka BRASTRAP. Dave Akerman's emergency cut-down box So, it's congratulations to reader Steve Davis …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alister

"Snappy elastic backronym"

Nice... :)

Also...

<smug mode>

I voted for that!

</smug mode>

2. Mike Tubby

Kill switch should require to operators?

Surely the operator console should be over 6ft long with two key switches, one at each end, and require simultaneous operation of both switches to abort the mission? ... or was that the bit that arms the warhead? I forget ;-)

G

1. mad_dr
      Mushroom

Re: Kill switch should require to operators?

"Skybird, this is Dropkick with a red dash alpha message in two parts. Break. Break."

3. Nigel Crockford

My only worry...

Is anyone else concerned about the use of this backronym (which I voted for BTW)?

My concern is centred on the well known inability of the male of the species to actually undo the average brastrap.

I feel that the task of firing the BRASTRAP (devine deity of choice forbid) should be allocated to a lady person to ensure that the whole thing comes off smoothly.

Thoughts??

1. Greg J Preece

Re: My only worry...

My concern is centred on the well known inability of the male of the species to actually undo the average brastrap.

Speak for yourself, I had that down to a fine one-handed art by the time I got to college. :-p

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What about poor communications?

Are we to assume that something on board the balloon will be regularly pinging the BRASTRAP to ensure it doesn't suffer from atmospheric interference?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Backronym list

Is there a glossary or list of all the current backromyns?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Backronym list

Is there one for TITSUP?

(other great, fundamental, unanswered questions of my life include:

--- why should shit leave a shovel faster than anything else? In fact, surely it would stick.

--- what's angry about ape shit?

)

6. MrT

So, let me see if I've got this right...

... this BRASTRAP device is there to keep pneumatically-enhanced, gravity-defying orbs under control...

Thinking.

Nope, seems perfectly reasonable to me.

7. David Kelly 2

Register Missed a Gag

Fully expected the WARRANTY VOID IF BROKEN sticker of the RockBLOCK Iridium satellite comms unit Steve Davis won to be broken.

That might have been in the proper low-budget spirit of the project to give used/broken/reverse-engineered prizes. Even if the prize was new in the box, show a picture of a used/damaged item. :-)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dave "Blofeld" Akerman will lift the toggle switch cover, and hold the switch up while simultaneously pressing the red abort button....

And a small hand will come out of the back of the machine and push it down it down again

This topic is closed for new posts.