back to article Planning a drunken stag night? Avoid Slovakia

A Worcestershire builder's bride-to-be looks likely to be walking up the aisle alone after her other half was jailed for two months for jumping naked into a fountain during a drunken stag night in Slovakia. Stephen Mallone, 25, flew into Bratislava on 25 May determined to make merry with his chums. According to the Telegraph, " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hen night

"Stokes, 22, put a brave face of things, vowing to hit the town this weekend for her hen night."

Perhaps she'll get 2 months too. Problem solved.

2. Peter O'Brien

And the IT link is...

...missing. I was expecting at least a Web 2.0 spin on this one. Is the punter blogging from jail on Slovakian hospitality, or is the bride to be running an online petition, ala Paris Hilton? Where's the IT angle?

3. Dillon Pyron

Out of the cake?

Umm, traditionally, isn't is supposed to be the women at the party who are naked?

4. Gavin McMenemy

Got what he deserved?

Come on. I can't be the only one who finds this sort of behaviour embarrassing.

"UK - the drunken lout of Europe."

5. N1AK

Good

Hopefully this will wake some of the morons who go to the continent and get completely hammered and act like hooligans.

I am fed up of going places and hearing the stories of drunk Brits.

Lets face it, it's bloody impolite to abuse someone elses country to get drunk and naked in public, and 2 months chokey although certainly excessive might act as a deterrant to others.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another bloody idiot who thinks they can do what they like abroa

Boo Hoo Hoo it's so unfair. I went abroad and broke the law and got punished.

7. Zarniwoop

More

From a Slovak friend:

"- somebody forgot to tell the journalist that poor stephen was naked and started to masturbate in the fountain... such a shame

- there was an article about it in SR newspapers and also Czech newspapers... pity for him

- plus some of his maybe friends maybe not... destroyed some monuments in the town

- some sculptures or somethin..."

8. Steven

Justice Served

Serves the wanker right, astounds me that people think they can go to another country purely to get bladdered and cause mayhem and expect the locals to accept it.

And then to top it off act as if their the innocent party when they get nicked and have to play hide the soap in the local gaol for a couple of months.

No doubt they'll be a quote from Mummy somewhere about how he's a good boy and 'never done anything like this before' etc etc.

9. Neil Barnes Silver badge

And a damn good thing too...

Perhaps we can have some of the same laws over here?

10. Andrew Moore

No, no- take your drunken stag party to Slovakia...

Just stay away from Templebar, Kilkenny and Westport...

11. George Johnson

Can't say I have a lot of sympathy..

If someone came to the UK on a stag, got slaughtered and then got arrested for dancing nude in Trafalgar Square, Mr Plod and the chattering classes would have them off to the nearest HMP, before they had sobbered up! Rules is rules, no matter how unreasonable they may seem they are still somebody else's and you need to remember that when you are under their jurisdiction!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Avoid Slovakia?

Don't think so. More appropriate: Avoid being a drunken idiot.

13. ian

At least he got a trial!

If he'd done that near the US embassy in Britain, he could have been locked up for 28 days without a trial.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fool

What an egg!!! lol

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

serves him good

There have been quite a few incidents involving drunken Brits in Bratislava so it was about time for some warning message. Dont get me wrong - tourists are welcome as long as they behave decently. The same law applies to the natives too, so I dont see any reason for treating this particular man in a different way.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The BBC has just reported he's been released.

Who does he think he is? Paris Hilton?

17. War Monger

2 months in the hoosegow...

is perhaps a bit extreme for a bout of drunken oafishness but considering that he apparently was publicly gratifying himself the punishment amounts to a well-deserved slap on the wrist.

18. David Farinic

ADD "small" detail: Hi was MASTURBATING in fontain in front of National theatre!

What would you do if in fontain in front of your national theatre guy strip and then MASTURBATE in front of passing by ladies? You, UK guys have nice way to say solong to freedom but please understand world doesnt necesarry see things like you ;)

19. David Farinic

addon

2 month is infair IMHO .. 2 days max

As i see some missing details... like US ambassy instead of National theater

here is link on original story covered by Slovak mainstream media... i think its fair to show 2 sides of coin ( in slovak sorry)

http://www.sme.sk/c/3318422/V-jednej-z-bratislavskych-fontan-sa-kupal-nahy-turista.html

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ex-Soviet ? wtf ?

Mark can you explain us when has Slovakia been a part of the USSR ?

Or you surely must mean the Soviet occupation of central europe after WWII.

Following you logic, Iraq must be the 51st state of US, right ? In fact 52nd, Afghanistan was the 51st :)

21. Chris Bruno

Good..

About time somebody cracked down on the 'drunken stag' factor. I was on a flight to Portugal a few weeks ago and there was a pissed stag party of about 20 guys on board. It was approx 6am on Sunday morning, yet they had all been drinking in the airport bar for hours before the flight. Given the behaviour of some of them on the flight, and the ensuing language when they were refused alcohol on the plane, I'm surprised the flight didn't get diverted. No wonder Brits have a reputation for being a bunch of antisocial, illiterate, halfwitted drunken louts.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

To Mark

Hi, Mark,

I am so curious who's told you Slovakia was a Soviet state. If you want to post comments like this, you should know something bout it

23. Amanda

I never imagined...

I'd prefer for anyone in Europe to know I was an American instead of thinking I was British, but I do whenever I go to one of the popular stag/hen-party destinations, like Prague or Bratislava or Amsterdam or Tyrol or...

Wow.

Thanks, guys!

This topic is closed for new posts.