back to article Xbox One launch date REVEALED - and it's on the 360's birthday

Xbox buffs can get their mitts on Microsoft’s new console, the One, on 22 November - eight years on from the Xbox 360’s arrival in the US. The console went into “full production” this week, Microsoft claimed today. It will hit the streets in 13 countries to begin with, including the US, UK, Canada and Australia. The initial …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Big_Ted

Xbox's marketing vice-president, Yusuf Mehdi, announced the firm's rollout plans in a statement.

"The culmination of many years of listening to you, our fans, developing innovative technology, and partnering with the best game and entertainment partners in the industry has brought us to this point," he said.

"There is still a lot more work to do, but the teams are making excellent progress and are focused on launch."

He confirmed that the console recently entered full production in preparation for the launch. Pre-orders had sold out faster than any of the company's previous gaming products, Mr Mehdi said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23961357

So in full prodction and still a lot more work to do

Who's going to be a brave early adoptor ?

1. Babbit55

Mine was pre-ordered on the day I could do it! Day 1 edition too! Shame they turned round on the always online thing, was looking forward to being able to digitally sell games and borrow digital games from friends.

1. Greg J Preece

Shame they turned round on the always online thing,

Really isn't.

was looking forward to being able to digitally sell games

Not anywhere near launch you wouldn't.

and borrow digital games from friends.

For an hour.

Seriously, the original plans were some straight up anti-consumer bullshit. Ask yourself this: why would either of the features you've mentioned as benefits (dubious as their apparent implementations were going to be) require the console to constantly check in with MS?

1. Babbit55

Answer me this, can you do any of that with Steam? the 1 day thing I agree was too short, 14 days to a month would be fine. A purely digital market place would hopefully see game prices come down significantly much like they did on Steam and have on Origin!

People not wanting to take the step forward into the digital age has put us back 10 years. You think physical media for gaming will last past this gen? I certainly don't think it will

1. GregC

People not wanting to take the step forward into the digital age has put us back 10 years.

The problem is that what MS were trying to do, aside from the blatantly anti-consumer attempts to destroy (or at least take control of) the second hand market, required an internet that for large parts of this country, and much of the rest of the world, may well still be 10 or more years away. Games on Xbox One & PS4 are likely to be 30GB+. I wouldn't fancy downloading those on my shitty connection...

The other problem, of course, is that when the outcry came MS decided to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I can think of several ways they could have implemented most (not all, admittedly) of the things they were planning without requiring an always-on connection.

2. Greg J Preece

Answer me this, can you do any of that with Steam?

Actually, similar things have been proposed and rumbled around Steam for a while now. In fact, people digging around in a recent beta found this:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/steam-might-allow-game-borrowing-says-latest-beta-update

It seems inevitable that they will arrive, especially with other marketplaces starting to provide real competition. Which neatly leads me to...

A purely digital market place would hopefully see game prices come down significantly much like they did on Steam and have on Origin!

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. Think about it. Xbox would have one marketplace, and you'd be tied to it. What in ten hells is the incentive to reduce prices? Steam, Origin, GoG, GMG, etc reduce prices and flash sale products because they have to compete with each other for your dollar. Steam used to be way more expensive than it is now, but the emergence of other marketplaces led to their aggressive pricing. Now, what competition is there for that on Xbox?

3. Paul Shirley

"People not wanting to take the step forward into the digital age has put us back 10 years"

This utter horseshit needs to die today. There was never any need for so restrictive an online policy to implement the ill defined and unexplained 'digital age' features, despite the whining of the fans.

Don't believe me? Microsoft just announced the return of the first group of those supposedly lost features!

There was no legitimate reason for the compulsion for anyone not using the features. There was never an excuse for needing a connection just to play any arbitrary game. And Microsoft finally got round to admitting it can all be done voluntarily with a hell of a lot less intrusive and potentially experience wrecking connection requirement.

Time to STFU

2. rurwin

> Pre-orders had sold out faster than any of the company's previous gaming products, Mr Mehdi said.

Translation: we made fewer of them than any of the company's previous gaming products.

It's in full production for two and a half months to cover existing orders. It sold out quickly, so there are probably at least twice as many people wanting it as have been allocated product. So to satisfy even those people who already tried to order, they will have to continue in full production for at least another two and a half months. As the release date approaches and arrives, and the first hands-on reviews are published, even more punters will pre-order.

So if they are serious about being in "full production", I would expect new orders to be delayed for several months well into 2014.

I'm sure that looks good to the shareholders, but it sucks if you want to buy product.

1. Atonnis
        Devil

Translation: we made fewer of them than any of the company's previous gaming products.

Alternative Translation: These damn things are selling in huge numbers, no matter how much anti-MS trolls and Sony fanbois try to make it seem like no-one is going to buy them.

'So if they are serious about being in "full production", I would expect new orders to be delayed for several months well into 2014.'

...I'd love to see your credentials for that statement. It would certainly 'suck' to make such sweeping statements when you have less experience of this scale of rollout than the people who are actually doing the job.

1. rurwin

> your credentials for that statement.

I was in the queue for the Acorn Atom, and for the Raspberry Pi. :-)

The question is the definition of "full production". If they mean they are going flat out, then they cannot cover the demand. If all they mean is that they have started one out of ten factories, then they should be able to. It would be a rather disingenuous use of the word "full" though.

I'm not a fanboi; I wont be buying either platform for a long time, if at all. I'm just sitting back in my deckchair munching popcorn.

2. Paul Shirley

@Atonnis re: fanbois

Fanbois are definitely the issue, pro fanbois can be relied on to facilitate launch sell outs with only minimal effort. That means launch day sales aren't reliable indications of anything - unless of course even the fanbois boycott the product OR you have enough stock to cover massive walk-up sales.

Selling out on pre-order pretty much excludes any non-fan sales, ordinary uncommitted buyers just don't do it. Xbox 180 was well on the way to pissing off enough XB fanbois to cause a problem though, hence the desperate u-turns. XB 180 is firmly in that 'no-one knows what it means' part of the graph. Back in the real world XB 360 is where the new games are and most owners aren't feeling any pressure to upgrade.

Me? I might throw £200 at a better-than-XB180/PS4 GPU and some more RAM for my PC. Cheaper games on a better box they already own seems to be interesting many of the console owners I've talked to as well.

3. Atonnis
      Stop

I'd rather that they kept the ethos that there's still a lot more work to do over sitting back and saying 'job done' and/or 'here's another minor version update that removes a feature'.

4. Jock in a Frock

Work to do....

The work remaining to be done is most likely on the OS, and on the XBox Live back-end system. None of that work would require hardware changes.

The console demands a network connection on first power-up, no doubt to dowload last-minute patches to the OS etc.

5. kyza

The culmination of many years of listening to you, our fans,

And 6 months of panicking and U-turns on just about every feature we said it'd launch with at E3:

DRM stuff - gone

Always on interwebs - Gone

Kinect - doesn't have to be switched on

Clearly listening to the wrong set of fans, eh?

6. Euripides Pants

"Who's going to be a brave early adoptor ?"

Eadon

1. RyokuMas
        Coffee/keyboard

Congratulations!

You owe me a new keyboard. And table. And everything else that just got caught in the spray of coffee :)

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Congratulations!

You should not drink and surf El Reg.

7. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Big_Ted

They already said that there would be a day one patch to be downloaded. This will be the same as with the Wii U, although they didn't say anything about the size of the patch, which is worrying. The work to be done seem to be more in software than hardware.

That being said, I do hope that they would allow for an offline patching of the console (the same way they do with the Xbox360 and Sony does with the PS3). Many people have a better connect at the office than they do at home; plus offline patching means immediate patching instead of going through the download process. (Note, I for one will unplug the console when it is not in use, zero power consumption is better than low).

As a side note, I pre-ordered mine when I could, but I am contemplating whether I should continue with the purchase or not. None of the shown exclusives looks interesting to me, and the interesting games are coming to the PS4 as well (which I pre-ordered as well).

3. Mike Brown

And it begins again.

Ive looked out my book of gamer cliches. Ive got my RROD tshirt washed and pressed. Im preparing to ask where the ingame XMB is. Ive read up on DDR3 and DDR5 memory, and my knowledge of DVD vs Blu ray drive speeds is upto date.

Im ready. Bring it!

1. Atonnis
      Trollface

Re: And it begins again.

Ow. The first time I read your post I read it as 'Im ready. Bing it!'..

4. JDX Gold badge

8 years

Wow, that's a long time in computer terms.

1. breakfast Silver badge
      Unhappy

Re: 8 years

I still think of the 360 as "that new XBox" :(

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I just wonder how Sony are paying for all the advertising they get on EVERY SINGLE XBOX ARTICLE the Reg decides is anti-Microsoft enough to publish.

1. Greg J Preece

I just wonder how Sony are paying for all the advertising they get on EVERY SINGLE XBOX ARTICLE the Reg decides is anti-Microsoft enough to publish.

Oh look, another fanboy accusing El Reg of hating their favourite corporate overlords. Because El Reg never laid into Sony after that whole hacking business, or when Other OS was removed, nooooooooo.

Fuck off.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Absolutely they did, and rightly so.

However, what they didn't do was run articles like PS3 DUE IN NOVEMBER (but Xbox is cheaper and less eevil, dudes)

which this one basically is, only in Sony's favour. And so have the last twelve - count 'em - been,

2. Shrimpling

Re: Sony Adverts

Unless Sony own VMware or Huawei they aren't spending as much as you think

5. Scott Pedigo

So what happened to all the controversy about being forced to play with an always on connection, or at least go on-line once per day, buy new licenses for resold games, etc. etc.? I know that MS backed down a bit, but where does it stand now in relation to the PS4 on those issues?

1. Babbit55

Noone is likely to rock the boat right at release, knowing Sony this kind of stuff will be snook in once the PS4 is sittled, like the Other OS stuff.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

like the Other OS stuff

How many people seriously bothered with OtherOS? I did, for ages, it sucked. You couldn't use it as a general computer as it ran like a lame donkey, so unless you just wanted it for it's massive computing power (but inability to run a 720p video properly) it was largely a novelty. The people that seriously used OtherOS were universities and research groups, and they wouldn't have bothered updating the firmware, and thus wouldn't have lost the feature. If you were using it as a headless torrent server that sounded like a F100 TurboFan Jet Engine, more fool you.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

re: like the otherOS stuff

Indeed, the only only people making a fuss as those that never used it.

If you had, you wouldn't be crying so much, it was a mostly useless novelty feature, never promoted, and removed when hackers showed how they couldn't be trusted with it, using it as an attack vector to try and crack the console for pirated games.

Anyone still crying is basically still butthurt that Sony removed the very un likelypossibility that they could play Bit Torrent downloaded games on it.

1. Babbit55

Re: re: like the otherOS stuff

I never even owned a PS3, so I don't miss it I am just saying while Microsoft may not be the best, Sony don't exactly smell of roses here and are well known for their love of DRM.

As for the Kinnect, I got one for my 360 and it is great fun, will be looking forward to what happens with the new version especially once my little boy gets bigger and can use it too.

2. jaduncan

It was very, very good for video processing. I'm actually surprised that people aren't doing bitcoins on them, but I guess Moore's law comes to us all.

2. GregC

I know that MS backed down a bit, but where does it stand now in relation to the PS4 on those issues?

They backed down more than a bit, I think the only thing they haven't backed down on is the bundled Kinect with every console.

The fact that they tried to pull all that crap in the first place is enough for me to steer well clear though.

1. kyza

Yeah, you get to pay £80 more for the privilege of a piece of hardware you don't have to use to make the console function anymore.

6. Neil B

Alright, I'm gonna say it, I just don't buy the conspiracy theory that day one supplies are deliberately retarded to gain some nebulous "we sold them all!" PR benefit.

Two options:

1. Throw as many XB1's into the sales channel as you possibly can, because public awareness of your product is never, ever going to be higher than on opening day. Sell them by the truck load, securing the largest early user base as possible and maximizing attachment revenues across the life of the product. Make a ton of money.

2. Don't make enough, or make too many and hold half of them in warehouses somewhere and hope that the information somehow never leaks out. Crow about how you sold out and how awesome you are, in the hope of recreating some solid word of mouth for your next supply drop, and maybe make more money.

it makes *no fucking sense* to do anything but option 1. Please persuade me otherwise, and have some facts to back it up.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Please persuade me otherwise

I imagine MSFT might be wary with XBox after the failure of the Surface RT launch - not the same market, I know, but they've never made money with XBox hardware anyway, just covered costs. Imagine what would happen if they had another RROD experience ...

2. Richard 12 Silver badge

Or Option 3:

Make the smallest number you can get away with, in case an important hardware design issue is found - or it's a flop.

Then you have far fewer that have to be repaired/replaced, and even more importantly, aren't left with a massive stock you can't sell because they're either flawed and need parts replacing, or nobody wants them.

Both of these scenarios have hit MS in the past - RRoD, Surface RT...

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's just basic reverse psychology. Telling someone they can't have something makes them want it even more.

Fact backup - I'm a parent of three kids.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Direct

The comment about only getting Fifa if you buy direct isn't right unless you're somehow considering buying from Game or Amazon as being "direct"

8. Richard Boyce
    Meh

Version One.0

Best to wait. Let's see the games, let's see a detailed spec, let's not hear a lot of fan noise, let's hear the opinions of customers.

1. asdf

Re: Version One.0

Yep definitely waiting until after the holidays before deciding and buying. I hate both companies about equal so in no rush to buy right away. Leaning PS4 because I resent spending $100 more on a stupid novelty hardware device I have no interest in (Kinnect). I almost wish Nintendo had any kind of the third party support so they were a viable option.

9. James 51

Xbox live content can't move between the 360 and the 180. there's been a lot of sales on xbox live recently, it's going to be a long time before I consider getting a 180 (preferably without the connect).

10. MJI Silver badge

No worries

I am still picking up a PS4 on the 29th

1. Fletchulence

Re: No worries

I'm definately getting a PS4, but given the horrors of the original PS3 60GB, I'll be holding back.

Can't quite believe anyone who'd prefer an XBox has also forgotten just how many of the original units failed almost right away.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

or how they were ripped off with overpriced addons, off-the-shelf peripherals that were intentionally modified to mean paying the Microsoft tax (HDD to name one), the HD DVD waste of space, the power bricks, the 5 years of failed attempts at making it work?

The funniest part for me, is how Microsoft made these deluded idiots believe they had a better network because they were paying for it. It's the classic emperors new clothes, their beloved P2P network was slowing everyone in the game to the slowest connected player. PS3 owners were enjoying dedicated servers that didn't suffer from this problem, and were getting those for free.

Then there is the Playstation Plus, which makes Xbox Live Gold look even more of a con.

1. MJI Silver badge

PS3 online gaming.

No most is still peer to peer. Servers cost money, PSN being free meant no dedicated servers.

You still get lag killed and you still get the occasional I am a killing machine and not dieing.

I have tried 5 shooters to a reasonable amount and all are peer to peer, including some of the biggest names.

I am being sort of willingly forced into PS4 as otherwise I will get wiped out if I leave it too long. My friends are very excited and all have preorders in. Launch one game is priority.

The weekend of 30th November & 1st December will be spent on Vekta.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Until you realise that Playstation Plus on the PS4 includes virtually nothing - No Gaikai, no TV, no movies, just multiplayer. Everything they've promised for it is delayed until at least next year in the U.S. and indefinitely everywhere else.

I own a 360 and a PS3, but gave up on the Sony after the numerous hacks and the painfully slow response of PSN (downloading identical DLC for the same game on both systems takes EIGHTEEN times longer on the PS3 for a hardwired connection running through the same router).

MS have never given away my financial details (and gone to court for it) and never actively encouraged their fanboys to make outrageous and inaccurate claims that they have absolutely no way of backing up.

Oh, and this is also my THIRD PS3 after the first two failed and were beyond economical repair, whereas I own two 360s (one of which was bought before I had a PS3 and is still working just fine).

11. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

£430!!!!!

They could release it anytime. Halloween with a pumpkin mask and downloadable fireworks. Christmas eve with a fanfare of blue elephants, DDR16 memory, a gaggle of nubile female priests from a secretive lesbian sect in Bhutan and a three eyed leopard with a top hat to make it such a spectacle - and I still wouldn't touch this overpriced plastic box with a bargepole.

We've seen the future that MS want to impose on their users - and despite the fact they've had to backtrack to save face in this instance - you just know that all of these "features" will all be snuck back in by stealth once that userbase is established.

No thanks MS, I don't want your "vision" of the future.

Best of luck to all those that do though. Best of luck indeed.

1. Simon Barker

Re: £430!!!!!

So basically it doesn't matter what Microsoft does you're never going to buy one...

Nothing like a closed mind to brighten the day.

12. LinkOfHyrule
    Joke

you can get close to it, making the new Kinect more suitable for cramped apartment living rooms

Well the NSA were actually quite pissed off that the old version wouldn't work properly in Julian Assange's bedsit so I'm not surprised they re-jigged it!

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Usual Microsoft BS.

1/ PS4 isn'tt hot in it's heels, it launches the week before, so it's actually the other way round. And the PS4 has full functionality in ALL launch teriroties, (Many of the XBox One features are not available in many regions, voice control for instance).

2/ It isn't in manufacturing yet. no company would be stupid or desperate enough to start full production without FCC approval. Sony got approved on 22nd July.

http://www.engadget.com/gallery/sony-ps4-fcc-certification/480860/#!slide=480860

The Xbox One is still yet to have been submitted, meaning any claims of production runs are total BS on Microsoft's part. More likely small pre-production for submital to the FCC and other orginisations. This puts Microsoft AT BEST 6 weeks behind the PS4 in real terms, and if you listen to rumours, many more weeks than that.

In the unlilkely event you wanted a fail-box one, then be prepared to be disappointed for even more bad news and an even bigger scaled back launch.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Usual Microsoft BS.

"it launches the week before"

Not in the UK - Bong!

C.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

So in summary, El-Reg wants to be be a global site when it suits one argument, yet a UK site when it suits to be the other way around.

OK then....

Not that it really matters, Xbox One is the laughing stock and already bombing badly, with only a very small percentage of their current userbase remaining loyal/deluded.

It's just just the Xbox One launch laughing stock and constant U-Turns, it's the 8 years of constant double-dipping subscriptions and price gouging for perhipials that were intentionally designed to be non-standard (Western Digital specially modified hard drives anyone??), or the piss-poor and embarrassingly bad offerings to gold subscribers compared to Playstation Plus offerings.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Link to PS4 FCC certification:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=583848&fcc_id=AK8CUH100C1

There is no FCC certification for the Xbone, Larry Hybb claims it got FCC approval "ages ago", but refuses to tell us the public FCC filing documents, which means he is, as usual, talking out of his backside and playing the Microsoft smoke and mirrors game.

3. Greg J Preece

1/ PS4 isn'tt hot in it's heels, it launches the week before, so it's actually the other way round. And the PS4 has full functionality in ALL launch teriroties, (Many of the XBox One features are not available in many regions, voice control for instance).

El Reg is based in the UK. The PS4 comes out two weeks later in the UK. Keep up.

2/ It isn't in manufacturing yet. no company would be stupid or desperate enough to start full production without FCC approval. Sony got approved on 22nd July.

Might wanna tell Major Nelson that, because he's posting pics of the things being shipped:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/375299181272780800

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

As I said, usual Microsoft bullshit.

Some pictures of cardboard boxes mean nothing. Zoom in and tell me what the red label says. Go there quick before Microsoft realise their sham is exposed.

I can tell you categorically that Microsoft are nowhere close to where they are pretending they are.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Too late. Guessing Microsoft were either told about their mistake or monitor these message threads. Anyway pic now subtly replaced with a very similar one. Sneaky...

2. Greg J Preece
          Facepalm

Ah, of course, you know better. It's all a conspiracy, clearly.

Incidentally, Penello and the Major have both stated that the Xbox was FCC approved earlier this year. It might have been under a different name, perhaps. Either way, the red label says "do not sell or display before November 22nd 2013". Wanna know how I know that? I clicked the link, genius.

Out of interest, how does one inline-replace images on a Whosay update?

2. nkuk

Those pictures are obviously fake, the ridiculously large xbox 180 and its ridiculously large power block, kinnect sensor bar and peripherals would never fit in a box that size.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Traded in my X360 for a PS4 preorder.

It's cheaper, massively better spec and not spyware and DRM-laiden.

I'm also looking forward to all the free stuff on PS+, not the lame 7 year old games that Microsoft has been trying to offload recently in response.

Xbox = Good Riddance.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Traded in my X360 for a PS4 preorder.

It's cheaper because they had to take hardware out of the box, marginally better spec at best, subject to the same scrutiny under section 2 of the Homeland Security Act as any other provider operating in the U.S. and contains exactly the same disc based DRM that the XB1 does!

And what free stuff? You mean all the games from Gaikai that won't be out until next summer (or never if you're not in the U.S.), the TV that won't be out until next summer (or never if you're not in the U.S.) or the back catalogue of games that won't work on your new console?

So yeah, look forward - about 6-12 months forward in the U.S. and quite frankly into eternity if you're anywhere else.

PS4 = bad choice

15. The Vociferous Time Waster
    Thumb Down

Playstation?

You can say what you like but nobody* bought a playstation since the PS2.

* for statistically significant values of nobody

16. IHateWearingATie

Disappointed with the xbox one

I have a PS3 but as no games are backwards compatible I was up for moving to xbox, but I cant see any reason to make the jump and lose my PS3 gamer tag.

More expensive, not quite as well specced and bundled with the Kinnect that I will never ever use. And I hate footie games so the bundled fifa game doesnt interest me (no choice of bundled games?)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Disappointed with the xbox one

Have no fear, PS4 will play PS3 games just fine (asuming you have a decent internet), along with all other Playstation titles, plus the theoretical ability to play PC tittles and anything else.

Gaikai in short.

Pop in a PS3 disk, and whilst it can't execute the code, it CAN validate that it's a genuine disk (as the PS4 can read the PS3 BD game security sectors on the disk), and that's enough to unlock the Gaikai version of the game.

Most major PS3 titles will be available in early 2014 according to Sony,.

1. MJI Silver badge

Re: Just keep the old console

You no not have to sell you know.

We stil have a PS2 and a Wiiiiiiiiii plugged into the TV, we played Buzz on the PS2 only a couple of weeks ago.

The Wiiiiiii howver, expensive scales.

I just need an HDMI/Optical switch ready for the new console.

Our PS3 stays.

17. Greg J Preece

Don't know what it's like elsewhere, but here in BC launch orders for the PS4 are just gone, everywhere. Back when the two systems were both detailed at E3, the pre-order slips in Best Buy were nearly full for the Xbox, and nearly gone for the PS4. It's been selling absolute gangbusters, to the point where EB are telling me I might not even get my PS4 in the second batch, let alone the first.

18. MJI Silver badge

If I was going to buy an MS console.

I would pick up a cheap 360 and play the 6 or so exclusives I would not mind trying.

My wife likes the look of Trials Evolution.

I want to try the shooters - basically run through the SPs, not paying for MP.

Ummmm

That's it.

Everything else I am interested in is multiplatform or PS exclusive.

Never been a Mario fan - prefered Asteroids and Space Invaders to Donkey Kong. Prefered Sonic in MD days.

First games of this ending generation to get me was Assassins Creed, then Uncharted Drakes Fortune.

19. DJ 2
    Joke

Microsoft are so consistent.

Their naming strategy is very strange.

1, 2, 3, 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8

and

Xbox , Xbox 360, Xbox one,

They just went for the broke on the last name, maybe the next one will be called "Xbox Original" or possibly after their inability to count. "Xbox 20"

20. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

meh

Massive Halo fan here, owned Xbox, and two Xbox 360s...

...and 'meh' is all I can muster, I'm afraid. £80 is a lot to me and I hate football, so I find the launch deal entirely unappealing. Not off to a good start, I fear.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like