back to article Android chief leaves Google for Chinese fork seller Xiaomi

A senior Google’s Android product exec is leaving Mountain View for an up-and-coming Chinese smartphone-maker. Vice president of Android product management Hugo Barra has announced he’s joining Android smartphone maker Xiaomi as vice president of its global team to expand the device-maker’s product portfolio and worldwide …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google's not the place to be anymore.

Probably due to overwork, they can only do that 20% own project time as overtime.

2. Fihart

Getting as far away as pos

Okay, so your ex is dating the boss. Time for a new "career chapter" -- the opposite side of the planet.

1. FrankAlphaXII
      Mushroom

Re: Getting as far away as pos

At a place like Google, or anywhere you could quit from that matter, wouldn't you get the fuck out of there if the CEO started dating your ex? Staying and expecting anything but negativity and disdain from people who you require to be motivated and supportive of your project for fear of bringing down the holy wrath from on high, would be an option for a fool. He'd just wind up being the Android leper.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Impressed by Xiaomi phones.

A collegue from Taiwan had one when I was out there. I had a tinker, it had Jellybean on it, and was nice and fluid. It was quite a bargain at the time (although I would say the latest Nexus 4 price drop is the real true bargain at the moment).

4. Dan Paul

No non-compete agreements at Google ?

Title says it all.

1. Jon B

Re: No non-compete agreements at Google ?

Good luck trying to enforce that in a Chinese court.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

just because apple, and samsung charges rip off prices doesnt mean xiaomi is cheap. it's $300, which is a lot of money to me. the phone that i own is cheap. i got it for $20.

6. cd

No non-competes in Cali...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

why is there no desi mai ka lal forking?

This is outrageous. 100K desi engineers doing so-called SW & not 1 credible fork of android for mobiles and other devices. shameful to say the least...

what are the Linux based options for mobiles ? please share.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like