back to article Dell juices Latitude line with Haswell Ultrabook, skinny lappies

Dell is slimming down and powering up its business laptop line with three new Latitude families running Intel's latest-generation chippery, including a carbon-fiber Series 7000 Ultrabook that the company claims is the most secure in the world. All of the new Latitude systems ship with Windows 8 or Ubuntu 12.04, and have the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Nice to have some choices

Option1: "the most secure in the world."

Option 2: "ship with Windows 8"

2. totaam

Remote wipe... what could possibly go wrong with that?

Who has the keys to that then?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Remote wipe... what could possibly go wrong with that?

The NSA of course.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will never buy a Dell again after the dog of an XPS I had.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But where is the 15" 7000 Ultrabook with 1080p ?

I think the above models were also re-announced 3 weeks ago after some pre-annoucements back in May.

What you don't mention is the fact the screens are a miserable 1366x768 with no option for better - less than many smartphones.

I read 15" is the most popular notebook size now, so why only 2 sizes (12.5 & 14") in the professional 7000 Series ?

What we need is a fast Haswell ULV with 15" 1080p non-glare (matte - which seems to rule out touch), preferably IPS & decent cooling.

When will Dell deliver ?

5. Tom Chiverton 1

No penguins for you

I don't see any option on http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=sl7443p05&model_id=latitude-e7440-ultrabook&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

Could you recheck that press release you wrote up ?

6. oomonkey
    WTF?

Meh

$1000 for;

4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory

320GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

14.0 HD (1366x768) Wide View Anti-Glare WLED-backlit

Who the hell is going to "upgrade" to that my 4 year old laptop has the same core specs and when has the CPU ever been the performance limiting factor.

And they wonder why PC sales are tanking.

16Gb + SSD + 1080p as a minimum for the same price and ppl might consider otherwise why bother. Stick some RAM and an SSD in your old laptop.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like