1. Corinne
    Paris Hilton

Argh - new week in summary page

My starting point in El Reg is always the Week In Summary page.

Nice simple list of all the articles over the last few days, plenty enough to a page so I can scan them to pivck & choose what I read first, and clearly separated into today, yesterday, day before etc going down the page.

Just went to the page to be faced with a bloody great picture - or symbol, or grey blob depending on what you could drag up at the time - making each of what used to be one or two lines fill up a comparatively huge amount of screen. Imagine my further dismay to find that the only way to check which day a post was made was to read the miniscule little words under the topic detail.

Give me back my old weekly summary paqge :(

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Argh - Week in summary

Week in summary

Post acknowledged, Corrine.

We are standardising designs around fewer templates. In some instances this might jar simply because of the shock of the new.

But in this case, I recognise that the quick glance / scroll through has been lost. Will have a think about this next week.

PS I have renamed this thread to make it easier for feedback to funnel into one place.

2. jake Silver badge

@ Corinne (was: Re: Argh - new week in summary page)

Agreed.

'orrible change in format ... Go back to text-only on week-in-summery, ElReg.

2. Jonathan Richards 1
    Stop

re Argh! - the Week in Summary is horrid!

I came looking for comment on the new Week in Summary page, and as soon as I saw "Argh!" I knew I'd found it. Like Corinne, I always come to El Reg through the Week in Summary, and I used to use the red colour for followed links as an easy way to find the last post that I had read. Now, followed links are somewhat grey, and the page is bloated, with pointless pictures. Give me back my old weekly summary page += 1

3. Mark2410

As above , the new layout is horrible and bloated. Please o back to the old week in summary view. It was so clean and efficient.

4. jake Silver badge

Earth to ElReg ...

The "Week in Summary" is no longer a "summary".

It's a bloated bandwidth hog. Please fix it. Ta.

5. issue-taker

thread hijack

where are the Register IRC channels?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon