back to article Top execs off as Zynga's new CEO shaves 'layer' off senior ranks

Zynga's new chief exec Don Mattrick is shaking things up in management at the social gaming firm, which apparently includes getting rid of a number of top senior execs. Chief technology officer Cadir Lee, chief operating officer David Ko and chief people officer Colleen McCreary are all leaving the firm that makes Farmville, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JDX Gold badge

Chief People Officer

Huh?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Chief People Officer

My sentiments precisely.

Please tell me that this is a Reg-ism for chief HR drone and not a real job title ... although having worked for a Merkin company in the past I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it is.

1. Blackbird74

Yeah, it is a standard Merkin title for Head of Human Remains.

1. Euripides Pants

Nope, this is a new one. Hope it doesn't catch on...

1. Abot13

CPO and the other two C functions to be combined. New job title C3PO

2. bahaelaila7

No dude, it's Chief Pokémon Officer

This is a gaming firm.

1. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

Nononononono ... not Pokemon. Trademarks and all that ...

Surely you mean 'Monsterville'

<--- FAIL .. because Zynga deserve to do just that.

2. h3

This is the type of company that would suit Icahn down to the ground. (And he could do what he wanted without annoying anybody).

3. Anonymous Coward 101

What were they doing before now if they could be dismissed with such impunity?

1. MJI Silver badge

Not much I expect

1. Jediben
        Joke

Probably filming a meeting.

2. Tom 35

Divert cash to bonuses. Hold meetings. Send each other Powerpoint slide sets.

4. rcorrect

Isn't this the company that makes its fortunes on free games? Never mind, I have a family member who paid for Farmville.

1. MJI Silver badge

Costs

Actually if you pay for Fartville it could cost substantially more than what you pay to play a proper game, even a new AAA console game.

I used the AAA console for the price - easy £40.

5. Busby

Even more than Facebook I never understood the value. People are fickle and quick to move onto the next thing.

6. asdf

good call

Generally the majority of senior executives in a software company do nothing but eat up the bonus pool (see EA). What Zynga really needs is some decent new games people will pay for.

1. ecofeco Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: good call

New games? We know this already, but they've lost their mojo.

In fact, they were just caught plagiarizing recently, weren't they?

1. Alan Brown Silver badge

ALL of Zynga's output has been plagarism.

2. Fatman

Not quite!

Generally the majority of senior executives in a software company do nothing but eat up the bonus pool increase the salary and wages expense, at the expense of the rank and file employees (see EA).

FTFY

This topic is closed for new posts.