back to article Smashing your phone? There's an app stupid game for that

Smashing your phone ? There's an app stupid game for that Just when you though the “there's an app for that” jokes didn't have much life left in them, along comes Send Me to Heaven, aka S.M.T.H., a game that encourages you to despatch you phone to the next life by tossing it into the air. The game's concept is simple: using a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

From the Washington Post:

"Meanwhile, some young people say a cracked screen gives you a sort of street cred, like you’ve been through some real-life stuff.. It’s tough, subversive and just kinda cool."

I don't believe a word of it. That article has about as much credibility as a wide-eyed bible belt church gazette warning about the danger of Dungeons And Dragons turning your kid into a satanist.

1. Rukario
      Devil

wide-eyed bible belt church gazette...

You mean this one?

1. Evil Auditor Silver badge
        Devil

Re: wide-eyed bible belt church gazette...

@Rukario, I actually skimmed through the comic strip until it ends on We take authority in the name of Jesus... But why is the following part missing, the part where the preacher opens his trousers?

2. Mtech25
      Devil

Remeber there are some kids

Who believe that having your pants by your knees indicates you are in a happening crowd and actually choose to listen to Justin Beiber..., while I am moaning at kids can I also say that back in my day when you threw your phone into the air it was more likely to break the ground than the phone.

3. Ed_UK

"as much credibility as a wide-eyed bible belt church gazette warning about the danger of Dungeons And Dragons turning your kid into a satanist."

Aksherly, a chap I worked with, decades ago, told me that he'd been heavily into D&D while at college. Being also of an Xtian persuasion, he told me that his priest/vicar/whatever had warned him that D&D was associated with the Occult and therefore dangerous. So, he promptly gave it up. He seemed proud of his decision, yet, I thought, somewhat wistful. He was also into shooting and survival stuff, which is fairly odd in the UK. Still, he was a pleasant enough chap to talk to. Maybe he's reading this.

2. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

Just cancelled my cell plan

But the things that I have in mind for my SII would terminate it faster than the speed of data.

3. BongoJoe
    Headmaster

Surely...

...practise?

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
      Headmaster

Re: Surely...

practice = verb (in US) and noun

practise = verb (outside US)

An entirely made up example might be, "David Cameron is a practising eater of babies, although the practice is frowned upon by members of our species."

ditto with licence and license, as in, "James Bond is licensed to kill, especially when he sees how much he must pay for his TV licence."

...and stop calling me Shirley.

1. tirk
        Thumb Up

Re: Surely...

Upvoted for the last line!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not available

for the Nokia Landfill 520 unfortunately.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not available

Nor any iDevice - definitely a gap in the market there.

5. dougal83
    Trollface

Awesome can someone link this on the App Store? My mates landfill phone deserves this! He needs a nudge to move away from Apple like everyone else!

6. Andrew Jones 2
    Facepalm

Surprised that the article fails to point out that the app used to available in the Apple App store but they removed it on the grounds that it violates some made up rules they have just decided.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

God Save the Queen...

it won't get be allowed onto that vicious regime.

When your sex pistol runs dry you know your grandfather would probably approve.

8. Ol'Peculier

Is there a desktop version?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

I'm waiting for the client/server release.

9. IanML

can someone ask Dave Ackerman how much freefall time we'll get if we get SPEARS to drop of a phone running this on the next balloon test.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Many will do this right before they upgrade or claim the insurance on their phone.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like