back to article iPhone owners talk less, spend loads more

BT thinks it’s good to talk, but iPhone owners think it’s better to surf the web, send emails and listen to music. A report has found that owners of the coveted handset spend far less time chatting on it than users other handsets do on their devices. According to analyst iSuppli, of all the time non-iPhone users spend with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob

surprising?

My bills are actually at least 20 quid cheaper than with my old phone (sometimes up to 100 cheaper due to included data), in fact if you divide the price of the handset over the months its still cheaper so I'm happy..

is it really surprising there is less time as a % spent making calls when there the browser etc is so good and data is free (well, included in the price)

2. Dr Patrick J R Harkin
    Boffin

Not good statistics...

iPhone users spend less time talking %wise - not surprising, as they have the option of webbing/mp3ing. You may find it hard to believe, but a lot of people have phones which don't play mp3s or web browse - they spend 100% of their "phone time" talking/texting. Any phone which can do more things will do (proportionally) less talking/texting. What we need are absolute figures, not percentages.

And, no, I don't have an iPhone!

3. Mad Hacker

I actually pay about $5 less per month

Switching from Sprint with a Treo and unlimited data to ATT with an iPhone and unlimited data actually saved me about $5 a month.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like