back to article Micron: Our flashy girth leaves the competition cowering in impotence

Micron has bragged it has the broadest SSD range in the industry during a July 18 investor call, claiming it outclasses all its competitors from Fusion-io to Toshiba. A slide from the event (registration required) backs this up, although Samsung is now represented in the PCIe area with its NVMe XS1715 SSD - co-incidentally …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Danny 14

16TB on one card?

Please dont raid 5 them.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Apart from lottery winners I doubt there's anyone with the right combination of stupidity and cash.

1. ryanp

except for all the businesses around the world who this is targeted at...

2. Alan Brown Silver badge

It might be larger than you can envisage as cache but it would suit my users quite well.

3. Brian Miller

Big data needs big memory

Back in 2001 we were wondering why some of our clients wanted our libraries compiled for 64bit. Big data is not done dirt cheap.

1. Paul Crawford Silver badge

Re: Big data needs big memory

Yes, I remember ~2000 era when 4GB memory limit of 32-bit CPUs was seen as both impractically expensive in RAM and utterly unnecessary for most users. Now you struggles to run a fscking web browser in under 4GB!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like