back to article SAP to make do with one CEO after two-headed hub halved

SAP, the world’s largest business software maker, is losing one of its two CEOs and leaving Bill McDermott to rule them all. The German giant said co-CEO Jim Hagemann Snabe will be shifting to the SAP supervisory board pending a shareholder election at next May's AGM. Snabe said in a statement on the news: “I have decided …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. asdf

grr

Unrelated rant but seriously SAP only allows passwords with a maximum of 8 characters in length (at least what my company said about our system)? What is this 1987?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: grr

you must still have a older system. recent systems allow much longer password than before.

1. asdf

Re: grr

My guess is a fairly significant number of installs out in the wild have the same problem (what with most companies being cheap and all). It actually wasn't changed to allow longer passwords until fairly recently in enterprise software terms.

2. Smoking Man

Co-founder??

Hagemann Snabe joined SAP, founded 1976, in 1990.

For sure he didn't found SAP..

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_AG

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

writing application right now!

4. Fenton

Password setting

Tis a setting in the system that allows you to adjust password length (unless you are on an older unsupported SAP system). Probably never changed as it was "to much hassle" to get users to change their passwords when the system was upgraded

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like