back to article Women overtaking men in tech abuse

Think of a tech nerd and you’ll probably conjure up the image of a middle-aged man with Ethernet cables draped around his neck. However, women are becoming increasingly tech-savvy, according to a study of female geeks. The study questioned just over 2000 US-based ‘tech nerds’ about their use of consumer technology. The results …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

April fools?

"upgraded the network’s 60 PCs to Windows 2000."

Congrats on upgrading to an obsolete system, but going by the hardware he is showing, no suprise!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Child labour?

Wouldn't that be child labour then?

Its a bit bloody cheeky of the school to do that - and I bet its not properly licensed either!

3. Andrew Kelly
    Coat

Ha ha

Another April Fools joke. Almost caught me out.

4. Sceptical Bastard

Impressive achievements by the sisterhood

Quote: "Transferring images from a digital camera to a PC is popular amongst women..."

*That* makes them technically savvy?

Nice to see the next generation of female systems analysts, software architects and processor designers will have core skills like, er, dragging files from one storage device to another in a GUI.

"Put the camera down, dear; sort out your shoes then cook the dinner."

Women should know their place! (Except Sarah Bee, of course, who has earned 'Honorable Bloke' status by writing for El Reg)

5. Mike Crawshaw
    Thumb Up

Where do I get me...?

One of these geeky girls? I'd like to remove the "DON'T TOUCH!!!!" signs on every electrical appliance in the house following what is now known as "The Toaster Incident"....

6. A Gould

Is that a...

440BX?

7. matt
    Unhappy

Re April fools?

I wish, my girlfriend has filled the 300G drive in my myth box with all her crap. She still comes crying to me every time her Vista dies though so there's some hope for us blokes.

8. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Impressive achievements by the sisterhood

"Hey. I resemble that remark."

9. Steve Evans

@A Gould

"440BX?"

I think you could be right...

Ah, the good old ISA slot...

</sepia tint>

10. Pete

Surprising

I am surprised by the "unsurprising" 12-24 lead over 40+ females, given the number of stories about that particular segment and their popcap-type madnesses last year. Minigames are perfect for that segment, and I would have thought it was significantly bigger than the teen/twenties female geek market...

11. Dan

i don't like the look of

that precocious little bastard.

12. jules
    Paris Hilton

Next you'll be telling us .........

Paris actually can actually use her Blackberry.

13. Sceptical Bastard

@ Sarah Bee

Which do you resemble, Sarah... computer star or shoe collector? ;)

@ Dan ... yeah, I know what you mean. The cocky little four-eyed sod will be pinching work from us in five years time aided and abetted by his pushy mother.

14. Andy Worth

Girl geeks

I have nothing against girl geeks, the more women we get in tech support the better as far as I'm concerned.

@matt - I sympathise with you, having had to completely rebuild my girlfriends laptop due to the amount of crap and spyware on it (not to mention the 40 Gig of unfinished Emule downloads). Thankfully though she has learnt from that, at least for now.

15. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like