back to article Swedes unfurl talking paper

A team from Mid Sweden University have knocked together a "talking paper" billboard which uses conductive links and printed speakers to give forth when caressed, the BBC reports. The chattering display - showing the tech's "possible use for marketing holiday destinations" - uses a layer of "digital paper" printed with said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. heystoopid

Oh well

Oh well , most interesting!

However in Sweden a new wire tap law proposal which will allow the Swedish government to monitor and control all internet and email in and out of the country big brother style and the government is trying to get it approved

The man Peter Fleischer from Google stated

"We simply cannot compromise our users' integrity by allowing Swedish authorities access to data that may not even concern Swedish activity," said Fleischer.

it's a wonder el reg didn't pick that one up?

So even visiting Swedish servers , if that law comes to pass , will mean you will have big brother peeking over you shoulder , during your electronic visit!

2. Chris

Re: Oh well

I love how Google is all tough with the pushover Swedes but when you go over to www.google.cn and search tiananmen you still get censored bull.

I should get my doctorate in "Do no evilspeak."

Google: "We simply cannot compromise our users' integrity by allowing Swedish authorities access to data that may not even concern Swedish activity."

Translation: "Google is frickin' huge compared to Sweden. Let them try to force us to and we will pull the plug. Then those ten million people, Ikea, the Celcius thermometer, the atomic table of masses, spectroscaphy, the milk cream seperator, the Monitor (WTF Sweden is claiming the Monitor as a Swedish invention on their site? As far as I know, the Monitor was built in New York.....), SonyEricsson, the safety match, dynamite, the Nobel Prize, the Ball bearing, the three phase system......(you get the point) can all screw themselves until they come to their senses."

Google: "Google does not censor results for any search term. The order and content of our results are completely automated; we do not manipulate our search results by hand. We believe strongly in allowing the democracy of the web to determine the inclusion and ranking of sites in our search results. To learn more about Google's search technology, please visit ..."

Translation: "China is a big frickin' country. Do we want to lose out on over a billion people? Hell no. So we do what we have to on the sly. We pretend like we're good. We do what we have to in order to succeed in business even when we piously preach "do no evil" while our ethics are questionable."

To divert rabid Google fanboys: I wouldn't care if Google just kept their mouths shut and didn't preach about their upstanding ethics in order to keep their fanbase of easily deluded techno-geeks; The mavens and tippers of search engines. There was a company called Microsoft that used to have a slew of fanboys and then they became huge, monolithic, and monopolistic and the techno-fanboys started pushing people to alternatives. Looking ahead, Google asked itself - "How do we prevent this from happening to us and becoming the next AltaVista while slamming our search results and adword partners with more advertisement than even AltaVista (albeit text based)." "Oh yeah, that's right, just tell them we do no evil. We do no evil, we hate Microsoft, therefore we are good." Now if someone could explain to me why techno-fanboys so schooled in order of complexity and predicate logic can't understand that (A ^ B) -> C does not imply that C is true when A cannot be proven true.

What does this have to do with talking paper? Nothing, but that's what you get for adding a comments section! As far as talking paper - I've always wanted my filthy mags to tell me what a sexy stud I was while self pleasuring myself.

3. Aubry Thonon

Oh, great...

... visual AND audio polution while I walk down the street or wait for the bus. Joy!

BTW: "re: Oh Well" What does this have to do with "talking paper"?

4. Trevor

Bullshit

Never mind the talking cigarette packages. Just wait for the talking toilet paper.

This topic is closed for new posts.