back to article ZUCK out all my BUGS: Facebook gobbles Brit glitch-hunter

Facebook has bought Monoidics, a UK-based firm that develops software that checks other software for bugs. Financial terms of the deal, announced Thursday and subject to unspecified closing conditions, were undisclosed. The Mark Zuckerberg-led social network plans to incorporate Monoidics' formal verification and analysis …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Coat

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

A relentless focus on quality is our chief weapon, and a desire to move fast and try new things

Er, a relentless focus on quality and a desire to move fast are our two main weapons, and to try new things.

Er, our three main weapons are...

Thank you, the one with the soft cushion in the pocket. I'll leave the comfortable chair here, then.

2. kyza

"Right away we knew this was our chance to take <strikethru>what we’ve built</strikethru> the amount of cash we have to the next level.

3. NomNomNom

"When we met members of Facebook’s engineering team, we realized how much we have in common: a dependency on an oxygen atmosphere for example, two forward facing eyes, arms ending in finger like appendages, a requirement to balance every two hours of consciousness with approximately one hour of sleep" the Monoidics team said. "Right away we knew this was our chance to take what we’ve built to the next level, once of course we've developed elevators powerful enough to lift it there."

4. Steve the Cynic

Will it find ...

Will it find the bug where the FB app on iOS keeps forgetting that I want to see people's stuff in reverse chronological order rather than FB's rather arbitrary choice of what it thinks I'm interested in (i.e. lots of other people thought it was interesting. It wasn't.)?

No? That's by design?

(Finnish words), that's stupid. (Finnish words) like the (Finnish words) who designed that should be taken out and (Finnish words)ed with a (Finnish words).

No, unlike Linus, I don't know which particular Finnish words to use to fill in the gaps. It's probably a good thing, though.

1. Gio Ciampa

Re: Will it find ...

"Will it find the bug where the FB app on iOS keeps forgetting that I want to see people's stuff in reverse chronological order rather than FB's rather arbitrary choice of what it thinks I'm interested in (i.e. lots of other people thought it was interesting. It wasn't.)?"

And on Android, and on the Desktop... by design it is then...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Will it find ...

"I don't know which particular Finnish words to use to fill in the gaps."

You usually can't go wrong with 'perkele', 'paska' and maybe an occasional 'vittun'.

5. Allonymous Coward

(Finnish words)

I think (Finnish word) should be a new El Reg editorial standard, to be used whenever cuss-words are required in an article.

Examples...

Yahoo's! Market! Share! Is! (Finnish word)ed!

UK Gov IT project run by (Finnish word) consultancy is (Finnish word) expensive, (Finnish word) late. Quelle (Finnish word) surprise.

Page/Zuckerberg shock admission: "(Finnish word) your privacy, users"

1. Ace Rimmer
      Thumb Up

Re: (Finnish words)

I was going to make that exact same suggestion myself. Beaten to it!

I envisage ending up with a sentence running something like:

"You (Finnish words) (Finnish words) (Finnish words) (Finnish words) (Finnish words) (Finnish words) (Finnish words) (Finnish words) (Finnish words)"

Formal adoption by El Reg and maybe even an icon to go with it please.

6. Tom 13
    Devil

So, Zuckerman finally owns a business that can make money.

But I still don't think it will be able to plug the losses on his main boondoggle.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We hope after the HP Autonomous debacle

That he did proper due diligence before buying a UK company

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like