back to article Dragged-out Lenovo server deal whacks IBM's earnings for 2013?

IBM has never admitted that it has been trying to sell its System x and BladeCenter server business to Chinese PC and system maker Lenovo, which also took its venerable and usually unprofitable PC business over at the end of 2004. But in a conference call with Wall Street analysts going over Big Blue's second quarter financial …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Schultz

"The bottom line of real net income and real earnings per share is what really counts"

And here I thought that we lived in th 21st century and the confidence of investors was what really counts. Economics 1-01, that is soooo last century, gotta go with the times, man!

1. Jerome Lacube
      Thumb Down

Re: "The bottom line of real net income and real earnings per share is what really counts"

So true. And after that people are still wondering why we have financial crisis over another.

In this case, we could even say that IBM is using layoffs to achieve shareholders objectives, what a way to prepare the future of a company...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Road Kill 2015

So, if I read this right (and not just from this El Reg article), once you filter the corporate BS, IBM only improved its results by layoffs and stock buybacks, yes? Isn't that's what's usually called "selling the family silver"?

AC, because I'm one of the road kill. Bitter? Moi?!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

First, second, third

"Loughridge also said that IBM was looking to sell off other businesses"

GTS, GBS? say it aint so

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Running out of stuff to sell

- Gotta keep that share price up...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like