back to article US propels global technology market to $2 TREEELION in 2013

The US will be the primary driver of global growth in the technology market in 2013 and 2014, with Asia Pacific spend contracting thanks to a slowdown in India and China and a strong US dollar, according to analyst house Forrester. The firm’s latest report A Mixed Outlook for the Global Tech Market In 2013 and 2014, claims …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

"We and other economists had expected that China’s new political leadership would take decisive steps to re-ignite growth after its sub-par growth of 7.8 per cent in 2012."

The US, EU et al economies grew by how much during 2012?

"Let's devalue this stock/entire nation because it didn't grow fast enough according to our completely arbitrary bullshit that we crapped out in the hopes of convincing others to give us all their money." What an easy job: pull some number out of the air and demand a company/nation/etc grow revenues/gdp/spending/what-have-you to meet it. If they don't meet your wild bullshit, throw an international hissy fit and see if you can get others to join in on your tantrum and punish the malefactor with the bad growth by reducing investment.

Guys, I'm really pissed at Western Digital and Seagate because drive prices didn't come down fast enough after the Taiwan floods. I also am upset that areal density hasn't increased fast enough. Let's all invest our money in beef futures instead of buying hard drives for our data centers so that they know they have to meet our demands or experience doom.

:flailing:

1. Alistair
      Coat

Sadly Trevor I have but one upvote to give.

Personally I'd be happier if the moronic financial statistics generators out there used an actual, realistic "shopping basket" to come up with inflation numbers. But then -- all the NA and EU corps would suddenly be utterly worthless since they didn't have revenue increases > rate of inflation, and the economy would indeed have to finally collapse.

(another ridiculous benchmark "Wall Street" sets on corporate numbers)

Keep this up Trevor and I'll have to invite you to the summer BBQ in the backyard for ribs and beer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like