back to article Bungled Hitachi SAN upgrade halts Oregon benefit payments

A bungled Hitachi storage area networking (SAN) upgrade has delayed the payout of over $18 million in benefits in Oregon. The SAN failure began Monday evening in the state capital of Salem, and was fixed by Tuesday morning, with various state agencies taking the day to work through a backlog of jobs that had built up. " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

sarcasm alert

<sarcasm>

Obviously if they had a cloud this wouldn't of happened, time to go CLOUD, as it never has problems, it just works like magic.

</sarcasm>

2. Cloud=Complete Lack Of Understanding Datacenter
    Devil

And I thought they had 100% uptime, at least that's what the sales guy said?

1. seven of five

At least over here they claim 100% data integrity, which is very much different from uptime or availability.

1. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad

Got that in writing? 100% is nigh impossible to achieve.

3. Alex in Tokyo
    WTF?

I guess

this is filed under BOFH because he actually ... diverted ... the funds to his account in the Caymans?

1. ShadowDragon8685

Re: I guess

Aye, this is either massively miscategorized, or Simon has some 'splainin' to do.

4. William Boyle

Ah yes, the evil of a single point of failure! The architects of this network storage implementation should be taken out to the village stocks and pelted with rotten tomatoes!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A little more technical info please ..

What OS/Hardware/Network configuration did it run on?

What was the nature of the upgrade?

Just who in their right mind upgrades a live system?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like