back to article 3rd Space FPS gaming vest

You've always felt you haven't got the full gaming experience, right? You wanna wear the armour, carry the weaponry... that kind of thing. The 3rd Space FPS sensory gaming vest might be of interest then. The 3rd Space FPS Vest, first seen last year, looks somewhat ironically like a stab-proof jacket, and is hooked up to an air …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Nintendo Power Glove

At times like this I flash back to the Angry Video Game Nerd's review of the Nintendo Power Glove. "I love the Power Glove... it's soooo bad. And I mean... baaad." etc

2. Joe K

Expected as much

I've been waiting for a review of this, not to see if its worth buying, but to see exactly how pointless it is.

Kinda like that ridiculously overpriced Phillips AmbiX kit that blows air in your face, this is something we'll look back on in a few years and go "what were they thinking!?"

3. Nick Palmer

Compatibility

According to the Firebox page, the vest works with:

* Crysis™ (Retail Version 1)

* Halflife 2™ - Episode 1 (Steam Version)

* Halflife 2™ - Episode 2 (Steam Version)

* Medal Of Honor Airborne™ (Retail Version)

* F.E.A.R™ (Retail Version 1.0)

* Enemy Territory Quake Wars™ (Retail Version)

* Quake 4™ (1.4.2)

* Doom 3™ (1.3.1)

Which isn't THAT bad a roster of action titles. The 3rd Space Incursion game does have a familiar ring to it, though... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babylon-Movie-Box-Set-Thirdspace/dp/B00026VYCU

4. Tony Barnes

Air compressor?!?!?

Why not just build in rumble pads? Yes, they will themselves be a little bulky, but it's a tried and tested feedback mechanism that should feel right.

Either that or make some piezo electric "thwackers" that just clunk hard when activated.

Really like the idea though, so long as it's properly directional, would make for quicker bad guy localisation than a flashing screen

5. George Flecknell
    Thumb Down

Rather a waste of time.

This vest heightens the gamer's experience with respect to body blows at the expense of (for example) headshots. Illogical.

6. Ross

Y'all know it's still March right?

Let me get this straight - a vest. With wires coming out of it. On the Reg.

What, does it come with a warning :

"Do not use if -

1. You suffer from epilepsy; or

2. You look foreign"

It's not April until tomorrow!

7. A

PC only

Being PC only isn't going to reduce the possible buyers by much. The only people who would have bought it anyway are rich idiots and gaming fanatics. I think you'll find that even those among those groups who have a mac also have a pc; or at the very least dual boot, the state of mac gaming being what it is.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Ross

to continue your list, you know fine well there will be a "3. you suffer heart conditions"

Anyone fancy starting a sweep stake on how long it'll be before someone sues them for inducing a heart attack or embolism??

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Other ways of achieving the same thing

And here are some tips for more realism when playing other types of games:

1. When playing a racing game, have someone stand behind you and move the chair as you steer.

2. When playing a fighting game, ask a friend to whack you in the head with a cricket bat every time your on-screen avatar takes a hit.

3. For gambling games, throw the contents of your wallet out the window if you loose.

10. Joe
    Happy

Better yet

I remember reading about this a while ago.

I reckon, if you have dive tanks, hook them up instead of the compressor and up the pressure a little.

Best of all, no waiting for the pressure to build up, and no compressor noise. Should last quite a while.

Will they be coming out with a helmet for head shots and underwear for the below the belt shots?

11. Joe

Battlefield 1942/2 etc

What happens if you get blown up by a tank? ://

This topic is closed for new posts.