back to article Seven snazzy smartphones for seven sorts of shoppers

The main drawback of folk thinking you know more than the average person in the street about digital kit is the inevitable stream of requests from friends, relatives and people you’ve slept with to suggest the ideal new phone for them come upgrade time. It’s not that I mind helping but I do tire of the inevitable “...but so- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. William Donelson

One-handed operation is key to Many buyers' needs

You should always keep in mind that many people want a handset they can operate easily with one hand. The iPhone 5 is at the limit of that, really.

When out shopping, carrying things, holding a child's hand, etc, you want to be able to work the phone with one hand.

I rarely see this mentioned.

Super large batteries only really are found in two-handed phones. If you have battery life figures for one-hand phones, please show them.

1. Philip Cheeseman

Re: One-handed operation is key to Many buyers' needs

Must have really small hands. I can use my 5.3" note 1, one handed all the time and its absolutely fine as long as I don't need to touch a tiny <1cm square on the top left corner (which you really don't need to touch when texting, calling etc). I have distinctly average man hands and soon got completely use to it...

1. an it guy

methinks it's a comment on teh user interface. Most of android can be used with one hand, thanks to the back button being ad the bottom of the screen. needing to reach to the top-left of a screen is not the most ergonomic setup.

2. Dave 126 Silver badge

I get on well with my Xperia P, which is about 4" diagonal across the screen. However, whilst the battery is better than it was when The Reg reviewed it (due to stamina modes in the ICS and then JB updates- fair play Sony) it's not brilliant.

I get the impression that many Android apps and browsers were developed for 4.5"+ phones - I can read everything, but it's nearly at the limits of my eyesight.

EDIT: It works very as a phone, too. Calls are nice and clear.

2. sabroni Silver badge

Wankers.

3. El Presidente
      Paris Hilton

One handed operation ... Heh.

4. Homer 1
      Paris Hilton

Re: One-handed operation?

You must have very petite hands.

I have an SGS4 - not a small device, and yet I have no difficulty using it one-handed.

--

Paris, who also has petite hands.

5. Mark .

Multitouch, not screen size, is main stumbling block

I can still use my Galaxy Nexus one-handed, and actually the problem is with pressing something *close* to the same side as my thumb, so smaller phones aren't easier (and reaching the top of the screen is something that's hard on smaller phones anyway).

Actually though, the big stumbling block to one-handed usage is not the screen size, but needing to use multitouch. I find it amusing that fans praised the original iphone by touting multitouch as being the single best thing ever, yet now the iphone 5 is praised for still being able to use one-handed. Well no, not if you want multitouch you can't.

Ideally, a good UI should still be usable with single-touch too (which was a nice thing about my single-touch Nokia - it worked one-handed, because the UI had to support single-touch). I wish Google would roll out the "single-touch zoom" gesture that's now in Google Maps, to be a standard gesture throughout Android, as that would mean you'd hardly ever need to use multitouch.

6. csumpi
      Stop

> The iPhone 5 is at the limit of that, really.

Show me proof. Other than the brainwashing Apple commercial (the one with the thumb).

You could argue (but would lose), that my galaxy note 2 is too big for one handed operation. It's not, I do it all the time, and I'm a normal size person.

I also want to say it on record, that your statement is only true until Apple introduces a larger iPhone. At that time, the larger iPhone will embody the perfection of one handed operation.

1. Mark .

They've already done that - it amuses me that the photo advertising for the ipad "mini" implies how it too is perfect for one handed use...

1. Fink-Nottle

Left-handed operation is key to Many buyers' needs

The problem with most interfaces is they are naturally right-hand orientated. As a natural result of text reading left to right, the interface usually has description on left, interface element on the right. This means a left handed person is always streching - and obscuring the screen at the same time.

I wonder if this will lead to an increase in right handedness in future generations.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

iPhone 10:

http://goo.gl/cVS3K

2. taxman
    Happy

Or at least until the iPhone 6 comes out.

Fire.....meet petrol (that's gas for the colonies)

1. David Hicks

Re: Or at least until the iPhone 6 comes out.

Nah.... I think you'll find the world is anticipating the Note 3...

:P

3. breakfast Silver badge

Yes, but how good are they as phones?

Seems like there are a few things someone might look at in a phone that are missed off here. For example how good are they for phoning people? Not all phones are equal in use, particularly when it comes to the ability to maintain a connection and the ability not to have random settings selected by your ear while you are trying to talk to someone - a particularly irritating trait of my Sony.

Also I sometimes go outdoors and even indulge in pastimes that involve being near water, rocks, etc. I'm quite interested in how well a phone can survive being dropped and getting damp. I think probably the Xperia Z is winning this particular contest, but it would be interesting to hear how others match up for resilience.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: Yes, but how good are they as phones?

There is also the Xperia ZR, which is more waterproof than the Z (apparently can film video underwater) and appears to have a more rubbery back than the Z (so hopefully minimising wet handed fumbles onto rocks). It' slightly smaller at 4.5".

Unfortunately, it doesn't yet seem to be available in the UK, only some European countries.

1. NotSmartEnough

I've been able to film underwater with my xperia z, got some great video of my kids in the pool, one problem with the xperia z is that the touchscreen randomly activates underwater, so I got a few still photos captured along with the video.

Although it's waterproof I wouldn't describe the z as rugged, so would definitely avoid those rocks!

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

>one problem with the xperia z is that the touchscreen randomly activates underwater, so I got a few still photos >captured along with the video.

Try this, if it gets rolled out for the Xperia Z:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/07/02/sony-intros-touch-block-feature-to-prevent-unintentional-touches/

1. NotSmartEnough
            Thumb Up

Many thanks! This sounds perfect, just hope it rolls out soon.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

If it doesn't, there is a good chance someone at XDA will port it!

Hehe, I remember trying to buy a train ticket at a small station, under threat of a heavy fine should I board the train without one. Alas, the touch-screen ticket vending machine interpreted rain drops as my intention to travel from Truro to Gloucester by way of Edinburgh with a family of six, so I just swore at it. Sometimes a resistive screen is better -or, heaven forbid, just being able to buy your ticket from the train conductor like a civilised company.

1. Anonymous Coward
                Anonymous Coward

"Alas, the touch-screen ticket vending machine interpreted rain drops as my intention to travel from Truro to Gloucester by way of Edinburgh with a family of six"

I got an all-in-one desktop for one of our office people here, and when the computer got left on over night one time, flies walked on the monitor and browsed the internet.

I never found out what they were looking at.

1. Alan Esworthy
                  Trollface

@David W. "flies walked on the monitor and browsed the internet. I never found out what they were looking at."

Well, if it drew flies my bet is farm pr0n.

(obligatory) Fnar.

2. Dave 126 Silver badge

>flies walked on the monitor and browsed the internet.

Are you sure it wasn't a mouse getting amorous with a mouse?

2. David Hicks

>>the ability not to have random settings selected by your ear while you are trying to talk to someone

What? Why would you want to do that with your mini tablet? Put it near your head? I'm not sure I understand. I have heard of this new feature "Instant Voice Chat" but.... I don't think it'll ever take off.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

A touch too subtle, Mr Hicks...

3. Nick De Plume
      Happy

As a phone:

As far as clarity of voice both ways goes, it's a toss-up between HTC One and the Nokia 920. HTC is slightly better incoming, due to the front facing speakers that don't distort sound.

As far as ringing loudness goes, it's a toss-up between the Nokia and the Samsung Note 2. Ringtones they are loud. They do get distorted at the high end, but they do get heard. HTC One is a bit behind, though the sound doesn't get distorted funnily enough. The Nexus 4 is quite bad when laid flat on its back. You will miss some calls.

Dialer-wise, they are similar. If you get used to it the HTC Sense phone is very very good, though may be a bit confusing for the first day.

Durability/punishment taking? The Sony is waterproof. Nuff said. You can dunk it. Don't drop it, like the Nexus 4 (and the old iPhone 4/4S) it is glass on both sides. Dropwise your best bet among these are the Samsung S4 for the plastics, HTC One and the iPhone 5 for the rigid metal chassis. Metal does get dinged upon impact, but doesn't flex so protects the screen. The S4 may wear its dings better, but is prone to shattering more (the screen is big and inflexible, but the chassis is).

Battery? Depends on what you do, how you use them. I'd say without any personal experience, the Blackberry. Not enough games and apps on it, you see. Actually all of them are crap by dumbphone standards. Two days tops, if you use them to say hello. 5 hours if you use the GPS and play games. Usually they all last the day though.

These are not phones, and we are not in Kansas anymore.

4. ukgnome
    Happy

Chinese handsets ......

The rise in the Chinese markets are a much better option. It used to be that some of the devices from China were poor quality clones of western devices, sold with access to a Chinese (cr)app store. However, as well as the reasonable clones they now offer a lot of fantastic quality handsets. I currently use a 4" waterproof Lenovo dual sim android phone, it came rooted and fully set up for the UK including Play store.

I would not own any of these mobiles mentioned as they are so over-priced it's a joke.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My priority is to avoid having to carry two phones (one work, one mine). Therefore dual-SIM offerings are of high interest to me. I suspect UK retailers don't like to push dual-SIM models (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Grand) because it goes against an ethos of network tie-in.

I've not seen much on dual-SIMs in UK media. Plenty in Indian media though :)

1. ukgnome

merimobiles.com is where I purchased my dual sim droid from. Although had to purchase using my phone browser as it doesn't like a desktop environment. Also, with dual sim only one of the slots does 3G. So it might not be ideal.

I make no guarantees for the phones on the site etc etc

6. Alastair Dodd 1
    FAIL

staff unfailingly polite, helpful and eager

"The real killer feature for the newb though has nothing to do with software or hardware, it’s all about the experience you get in an Apple Store. It’s second to none, with staff unfailingly polite, helpful and eager to help the lost, confused and downright incompetent get the best from their iDevices. A near no-questions-asked replacement policy is the cherry on the cake."

Never been to the Brighton Apple store then. The staff there are rude, downright unhelpful and I don't think 20mins wait for your prebooked 'genius' bar appointment you are on time to is really on. Esp when the hipster twat staff seems to want to talk to each other not you. No questions asked replacement also fails these days with an ipad that is 12 months old (under the 2 year warranty guideline from the EU) refused any assistance at all unless pay out over £200 for a duff battery! Hellish experience all in all.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Re: staff unfailingly polite, helpful and eager

'Genius Bar' really is the twattiest name they could have ever thought up for what is essentially technical support.

Marketing wanker #1 - 'Hey guys, let's call these monkeys we pay chicken feed 'Geniuses' so they feel like their job is actually somewhat important'.

Marketing wanker #2 - 'Yeah, and like let's say they like work at like a 'bar' because it's all like cool and laid back'

Marketing wanker #3 - 'Right, pub...sorry, bar everyone?'

Wankers

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Quite a few members of the public (or at least those who drink in the pub most evenings) have long referred (half-jokingly) to those of us who can use or fix a computer as 'whizzes', 'gurus' or 'geniuses', so I've always seen Apple's adoption of 'Genius Bar' as sharing a nod with their intended users.

It seems to work for that segment - look at the Consumer Association's ('Which?') retailer of the year award, compiled from questionnaires completed by their subscribers. Whether it works for us is irrelevant.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Not saying they aren't good at their job (which isn't hard, they're not exactly writing real world physics simulation engines), just that it's a terrible name. And while the term may have initially been tongue in cheek, if you've ever had to deal with one of these walnuts at an Apple Store, you'll know they do see themselves as tech whizzes of some sort because they can read a fucking manual.

Now to take a deep breath....

1. John H Woods Silver badge

<sheldon>... I refuse to contribute to the devaluation of the word genius ...</sheldon>

2. Nick De Plume
        Coat

It is a relative term. The distance between marketing-perceived customer position and the clueless tech support.

2. Tapeador
      Stop

Ah, now the warranty Apple provides is a totally separate promise over and above some very powerful statutory rights which you possess.

Now the 2yr minimum is indeed in effect only a guideline, you're right - but falls below the protections typically obtaining within English law, which tell you that you may expect goods to work properly for up to six years, depending on how much you paid. The EU measure is that the goods must 'conform to contract' for two years, i.e. be reasonably durable etc. The measurement of reasonable lifespan applicable in English law (and likely applicable in EU law), is really how long it's reasonable to expect something to last given all relevant considerations including the price.

What isn't applicable in measuring the reasonable lifespan is the consumer's mistaken beliefs as to how little they're owed by the retailer!

However as a failsafe, it's always important to pay on a UK credit card when buying goods over £100 - as the credit card provider is jointly liable for the goods fulfilling all the above criteria: so when a £400 iPad goes kaput after a year and Apple don't want to know, then, if you don't fancy taking them to small claims court, you can just ring up your credit card provider, and they'll ordinarily pay out a refund then and there with a pro-rata deduction for usage against the expected lifespan. So your £400 iPad will probably have an expected life of three or four years, against which they'll deduct one year. So £266 or £300 as a refund.

7. jxp

The Nexus 4 is not a value phone (although it may be good value for features/price).

I would suggest something more like Samsung Ace 2 or Nokia 520 (both just over £100, not £250 like the Nexus 4). To go from a £60 feature phone to £250 smartphone is far too big a leap for many people.

1. Tom 38
      FAIL

Who said it was a value phone? From TFA:

I should make it clear: this round-up only concerns itself with top-end devices

2. BigAndos

Yeah, somehow I doubt that if "money is too tight to mention" then a £239 phone will be at the top of the priority list.

3. Martin Budden Silver badge
      Unhappy

No 4G

Value or not, the biggest problem with the Nexus 4 is the lack of 4G. Even if I do hack the system to turn on the hidden chip, it still won't work on the frequency used in my country (Australia).

Come on Google, get your act together and give us a 4G phone already!

8. Piro Silver badge

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Excellent handset, love the battery.

Live in the UK. Dodgy ebay deal, a lot of screwing around required (after downgrading to ICS, rooting, upgrading, etc) to get everything working right. Still worth it.

Hope Motorola's next handset takes battery life so seriously, and is actually available everywhere.

1. system11

Re: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Nice to know it can be made to work. The older MAXX is actually available in the UK and when/if it dies I was rather planning to get whatever the newest version was, due to battery life.

9. Dave 126 Silver badge

Another option when asked by people in the pub which phone to get:

Stick with your candybar-Nokia or clamshell-Samsung, and get a 7" tablet for your car, jacket or handbag.

Just a thought.

10. Jamie Kitson

Camera

On balance I’d recommend... waiting for the Lumia EOS/1020.

There, fixed that for you.

1. Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face

Re: Camera

The Galaxy S4 Zoom is supposed to be out this week. Looks interesting.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: Camera

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s4-zoom-1160410/review

'Interesting' being the operative word, like Sir Humphrey saying "What a Novel idea"! : D

11. JS Greenwood
    Windows

It's always going to be a subjective list...

...but the categories and omissions are interesting.

I have to admit to owning an iPhone. And a Blackberry. And an Android phone. And not a single Windows Phone since the self-harming 6.x days. But, I'm surprised that a Lumia 520 didn't appear as an option under "value" at 20% of the cost of an iPhone, and less than half the price of a Nexus 4. Or the Lumia 925 under camera, rather than the 920. or even any of the Lumias under Ease of Use.

Which leaves the missing category where iPhone is a potential winner: app availability, or some hybrid "immersive device/experience/lifestyle statement" category, rather than any one thing.

If nothing else, this article has made me think seriously about jumping to Windows Phone once I've done a rummage to see if all the apps I need are there. Who'd have thought it...

(Now, if there was an 8" Windows tablet based on WinPh that "just worked" and was compatible with this so I didn't need two eco-systems)

12. Ben Hodson
    FAIL

Pixels != noise

More pixels does not mean less noise, quite often the exact opposite is true. One small high pixel count sensors the pixel noise is far higher. This is why full frame sensors in DSLRs produce far less noise than the same tech when shrunk down to crop sensors.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Pixels != noise

Erm you are missing the point. Each pixel section of a sensor can only let in a specific amount of light. If you shrink an 8MP full frame sensor down to the size of a phone sensor then you get more noise. Why? you have to amplify the signal more as the signal is weaker. As you amplify any analog signal you get noise, it's a fact of life.

Digital camera sensors aren't purely digital, they are A/D convertors, analog to digitial, much like a sound sampler but for light.

The pixel sizes of an HTC One are much bigger than many other phones around. This is why the Nokia 920 can't compete with it's 808 pureview cousin and why the 1020 will.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Digital camera sensors aren't purely digital"

Mine is. Here's the best picture I've taken recently:

It's a bit over-exposed, but I think it's fine given the subject matter.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Joke

@David W.

Very similar to my work from the weekend.

The way i've caught the light on the sea, just as the dogs jumped in was amazing. Here it is:

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I need to juggle lots of email accounts.

Which is better for managing multiple email accounts, along with Twitter and Facebook, for work - Blackberry, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia, or iPhone?

Please put any fanboi feelings to one side. I'm running a small start up company, and need to manage my company's multiple email addresses (front of house, news letter, feedback, personal, etc.) and social media presence while on the go. I need all the help I can get!

I cannot ask the rest of the web, as it's all split into partisan forums. I know hat answer I'll get on Mac or Androidforums.

I trust you guys - please don't let me down!

1. Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face

Re: I need to juggle lots of email accounts.

It's more about the mail client, surely? K-9 Mail allows you to connect to multiple mail accounts, and has the option to display everything in a unified inbox.

1. Dazed & Confused

Yes - but which phone has the best mail client available?

I believe that the stock Blackberry one is good. But it's not going to have the amount of choice when it come to social meda apps like Buffer (OP said Twitter and Facebook too) compared to Android and iOS. I expect the same problem goes for Win Phone.

I don't know the answer, but I think that's the OP's question - platform rather than specific phone.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Genuinely, it depends on your budget and your needs. The Nexus 4, iPhone 5, Lumia 920 and BB Z10 are all more than capable phones. All will do what you want. My advice would be to ignore advice from anyone here or elsewhere on the internet. They are all quasi-religious nut-jobs....

3. andy mcandy
      Thumb Up

the BB10 hub is excellent. i got a Z10 as a corporate trial and have been using it heavily since launch date. just like the article says, management of different message types and accounts is very very good.

it has totally replaced my personal android device which was running 4.1

the phone may have been "free" to me, but it doesnt stop me recommending it to all my friends as a really good device. the camera is pretty good too, excellent pictures from the polo festival this weekend :)

4. triceratops triceps

aquamail from the Play store on any landfill Android.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The fact you've written 'social media presence' without a hint of shame or irony means an iPhone will suit you perfectly.

14. Jack Project

I see you had to shoehorn the iphone in.

"Hmmm it's not the best in any particular field so what can we make up so we don't upset the fantards."

15. Andrew James

Note II ... 2 days battery life ??

We obviously have very different ideas about what intense use is. Because in the six months I had my Note II I was using it what i would consider intensely and it wouldn't last the full 16-18 hours that I wanted it while I was awake.

When I was admitted to hospital in January I immediately ordered two replacement batteries and charger for them.

1. csumpi
      Black Helicopters

Re: Note II ... 2 days battery life ??

Something's wrong with your phone then. I have a note 2, use it all the time, runs for more than two days without the battery even dipping under 25%.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

>Something's wrong with your phone then.

Or his location, with respect to phone signal.

If you have WiFi in your hospital room, try turning off 'data' - it might be trying to pull down a 3G signal at the expense of its battery.

1. Andrew James

Its not the location, or an inability to get it set up to preserve battery. Its usage. If it will last 8 hours of HD video, then a combination of games, messaging, internetting, phonecalls and video etc is obviously not going to survive 2 days.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When did I get so old...

Am I the only one nowadays with a candy bar phone that I actually (heaven forbid) use as a phone???

Sure I've tried other peoples smart phones and first thing I always do is dial my own mobile and leave a voicemail to see:

a) how my greetings message sounds on the smartphone

and b) how my message sounds on my real phone

The number of "smart" phones that make you sound like you are talking underwater, or cannot cope with having air conditioning blowing on you at the same time as talking, is ridiculous.

I just want a phone I can:

* Make phone calls from

* Send text messages with

In the spirit of full disclosure: I've got a crackberry from work which I have to take everywhere - I only ever use that for work email and work related internet - I give everyone my personal number because that way I can actually talk to them!

1. GregC

Re: When did I get so old...

The only one? Almost certainly not.

I'm the polar opposite to you though - for me my "phone" is basically a highly portable computer with almost-anywhere internet access that has the bonus of being able to make the odd call (for which it works just fine). Each to their own really.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As many have said, the S4's gimmicks don't work most of the time.

The HTC One at least comes with a decent amount of storage as standard. Until the 32GB S4 arrives in the UK it's not something I would invest in. Even with the "move to SD" card fudge that Samsung has produced you still need storage free in the internal memory to download things to in the first place.

Samsung would have been better losing all of the gimmicks and give people better storage, 32GB and 64GB as standard.

18. gizmo23

sir henry

I see your reference.

I reckon that the primary functions of a phone are to have good sound (voice, not music) and to keep a good signal. I get infuriated when my phone shows 3 bars of signal until I hit the call button and presto! Suddenly I'm in the middle of a previously-undetected dead spot.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: sir henry

Along with "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I would spend it all on drink!"

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: Apple store service.

'It’s second to none, with staff unfailingly polite, helpful and eager'.

That's precisely what's so f*cking annoying about them.

20. AndyC
    FAIL

I wouldn't recommend an Android...

Not now. Not after all of the problems I've had with the "Insufficient Storage Available" error. Google solution (in a telephone conversation with them), contact Samsung.

Why should I? The problem is Android, not Samsung. HTC, Motorola and even the Nexus 4 have the same problem.

Online solution, delete some apps. Delete some data.

Why should I? Just sort it out Google!

21. Duffy Moon

Audio DAC

Anyone know what DAC chips these phones use and which is the best?

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: Audio DAC

I don't, sorry - though the guys on this site seem keen on discussing such things:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661448/us-samsung-galaxy-s4

Apparently the octa-core S4s hve Wolsfsons, the US and UK dual core variants have Qualcom DACs.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601535/dac-of-sony-xperia-s

If this is for home listening, many Android handsets support USB-Audio, so you might want to look into using an external DAC of your choice. When looking into portable 192Khz 24bit portable players (there aren't many), I saw that some people use iPads with external DACs through the 'camera connection kit', too. Otherwise, I'd go for a Sansa Clip player, or read up on a Colorfly C3 (24bit).

Some Nokias are said to have very good ADCs, so it's possible they have good DACs too.

1. Duffy Moon

Re: Audio DAC

Thanks for the links etc.

I didn't know some supported USB-Audio. I wonder which USB to i2s/spdif converters work with Android. I would certainly prefer to use my external DAC (dual-mono Twisted Pear Buffalo II)

22. Dave 15

Buy a phone with a bloody great battery?

Why?

Why not buy a phone with an operating system and applications designed to eek the best out of the processor and battery.... oh yes, I forgot, that was toasted by Elop wasn't it?

23. sebbie

Low regards of author

iPhone for "incompetent newbies", quite insulting.

Judging people by their phone is as shallow as saying "I'm better person than you because my car is worth 10x more than yours". Pathetic.

24. KierO

Don't make me laugh!

"A near no-questions-asked replacement policy is the cherry on the cake." - Don't make me laugh.

Back when I still used iPhones, of varying levels, I heard all sorts of crap from Apple about why my device would not be replaced free of charge, even though the fault(s) was plain to see (my last iPhone stop getting any signal due to an internal aerial issue), instead I was always asked to spend £120-£150 to get a "reconditioned" replacement handset. Bloody rip-off!

When I complained to my mobile network they said :

"If it was ANY other phone than an Apple iPhone we would have just replaced it for you. Sorry but even when the device is still under contract and the fault is obviously a handset issue you still need to have an Apple Carepack"

25. k9gardner

Smartphones vs cellphones

You know... sometimes I just wish that I had a cell phone again. Something that I'd know I could pull out and use to make a phone call, that it wouldn't be out of juice after less than a day, that I could hold on my shoulder when my hands are full, and that I could actually hear the other party clearly without having to hold it "just so" against my ear. I love my iPhone... for everything but making phone calls.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like