back to article Xen hypervisor gets tech preview support for ARM processors

The Xen Project, which is now part of the Linux Foundation and which is responsible for extending the open source virtualization hypervisor formerly controlled by Citrix Systems, has updated Xen with a new 4.3 release that brings it to ARM processors. In a blog post, George Dunlap, a senior engineer at Citrix Systems in charge …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

is Xen 4.3 really old?

how does XenServer 6.2 (which I think is the latest from Citrix) align with Xen 4.3 ? are the version numbers totally unrelated? is XenServer based on top of some open source version of Xen, if so which?

just curious.

also wondering how well it might work on phones. I am weighing the possibility of getting a Galaxy Note 3 when it comes out(currently using HP Pre3), and I read rumors that it may have 3GB of ram, and I'd assume at least a quad core processor.......

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: is Xen 4.3 really old?

Xen is a component part of XenServer. Think of the latter as a distro, which includes a version of Xen.

2. Wallsy

PRISM Aware

I guess the NSA aren't even pretending to hide any more... or is that an entirely altruistic 5% they've added?

1. Chemist

Re: PRISM Aware

"I guess the NSA aren't even pretending to hide any more.."

Open SOURCE !

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Er....

I think you'll find that it was George Dunlap, not George Dunlop, that wrote that blog post.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like