back to article Samsung asks for retrial on rubber-band

Samsung versus Apple has taken yet another twist, with the Korean company asking for yet-another-trial on the basis that Cupertino reduced the scope of its infamous “rubber-band” patent during a re-examination. The companies' litigation, set to replace SCO versus IBM as the tech sector's Jarndyce v Jarndyce, has spawned …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mikel

That seems fair

If the patent is invalidated and to make it valid you have to change the part of the patent you're suing over, then at the very least all prior claims of infringement must be void and a new trial ordered.

2. Dazed and Confused

Yachts

Did I read something the other day that Abramovich's yacht is no long the words biggest, so has Apple's legal poodle been shopping on the basis of this?

3. Bob Vistakin
    Big Brother

Remember who started all this

Payback can be such a bitch. And when you're plumb out of innovation, you're merely a one trick pony reduced to bullying n bribing courts on your own doorstep to earn a crust. And that horse is about to leave town...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Remember who started all this

Yeah, Samsung should give it a rest.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Remember who started all this

I mean, no I don't. Was it Samsung?

4. auburnman
    Thumb Up

Epiphany

Most of last year I wondered why Samsung hadn't been trying to get the patent invalidated, and now it has finally dawned - they were keeping this in reserve so they could force a retrial based on new evidence if the original trial went tits up - exactly like they're doing now. Smooth moves Samsung lawyers, I take back all the bad stuff I wrote.

5. g e
    Alert

Samsung might be doing a Google

And taking the effort to look one step further ahead than everyone else generally bothers to.

In which case they're just paying out the rope to apple.

6. frank ly
    Happy

This is what happens .....

... with trials about 'rubber-bands'. Boing-Boing!

7. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
    Devil

You can't say this lawsuit is going to overtake SCO vs IBM because that one's still going on.

SCO will never die! The now re-launched Hammer will be making films about them for the next few decades. SCO, SCO Returns, The Bride of SCO, Son of SCO, SCO's Revenge, SCO vs Predator...

We don't appear to have a Dracula icon.

1. Euripides Pants

Re: Dracula icon

Not appropriate for SCO, they're more like ringworm.

This topic is closed for new posts.