back to article Big Mike's big package oughta be enough for Dell investors - report

Tech tycoon Michael Dell and private equity partner Silver Lake won't sweeten their $24.4bn offer to take PC maker Dell private, whisper industry insiders. Those sources, who apparently have direct knowledge of the situation, let Bloomberg know that Big Mike and Silver Lake aren't going to up their bid - and that's because the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gil Grissum

Sounds like the shareholders need to take Big Mike's deal instead of Carl's "Make me rich now while i hoodwink you and pick your pocket" over-valuation deal.

1. Charles 9

What's to say Mike isn't planning the same thing? Both claim to have plans to restructure the company and keep it a going concern, but can you trust either side?

1. Tom 35

Look to the past.

One is a known corporate raider who can only be trusted to grab as much cash as possible and screw everyone else.

The other built the company and has worked to keep it a going concern for years. He could still fail to keep it going but at least that's not the plan from the start.

2. Down not across

Nothing. However since Mike built the company, I feel he is entitled to benefit of doubt.

Whereas Icahn has shown his true colours many times before and does not afford such luxury.

3. Tom 13

Re: What's to say Mike isn't planning the same thing?

Nothing.

But if they take Big Mike's deal, at the end they are holding cold hard cash.

If they take Slippery Carl's deal they'll be holding Dell shares that will be worth whatever the market prices them at when they sell them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

from the past

A user at a gov place i worked complained about the dock scratching his laptop, they did nothing but advise to undock slower, but the dock was scrapping the lid badly.

An email to Mr Dell produced a replacement dock and replacement laptop lid, along with an appology from him.....this is why you trust a man who puts his reputation into his products, not the one who only say's he will.

Carl has never ran a company, it'll be like pretty woman with no "why not save the company" ending

3. Captain DaFt

How Dare He!

Offering a sane and reasonable price? What kind of shennagins is this?

Obviously, offering a vastly inflated price leveraged with the company's own assets is the best way to do it, since this'll inflate the share's price just long enough to dump it on the poor suckers that'll be holding the bag when it all crashes down.

Doesn't he understand *anything* about how Wall Street works?

This topic is closed for new posts.