back to article Zynga's CEO tried to buy game slinger in 2010... while Xbox chief - report

Zynga’s new chief executive Don Mattrick liked the online gaming firm so much, he considered buying it for Xbox while he was a Microsoft bigwig. Mattrick, until last week the head of Microsoft’s entertainment division, negotiated with Zynga founder Mark Pincus to buy Zynga in 2010, "insiders" told Bloomberg. According to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cubical Drone
    Coat

When will people learn

You think they would have learned from Groupon that when a big company backs a Brinks truck up to your door, you take the money and run. These offers tend to happen at your products peek.

1. Michael Habel
      Thumb Up

Re: When will people learn

Wanted to say pretty much the same thing. but ch'ya kínda beat me to it.

2. blainestereo

I can easily see how this hire is excellent for Mattrick but why would a Microsoft exec be so important for Zynga? I mean, Microsoft's strategy has always been "throw insane amounts of money at slow reiterations of the same idea until it breaks even", but that doesn't seem like something Zynga could afford to do for any extended period of time.

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Insane Amounts of Money

I can easily see how this hire is excellent for Mattrick but why would a Microsoft exec be so important for Zynga?

Presumably because they think he will be able to put them back in the black. Granted, there is always the possibility of a mismatch in corporate cultures. As noted in the article, though, Mattrick has a pretty good record for this sort of thing.

1. pepper
        Coat

Re: Insane Amounts of Money

Well, they have the wrong person there you see, AC/DC knows how to get Back in Black!

3. skuzzzy

burning boat

I like the analogy made on the ctrl-alt-del webcomic:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20130703

Warning, contains some language.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like