back to article Chinese mobe fandroids: Got a virus? Better blame the government

The variety of mobile malware in China has skyrocketed 2,500 per cent since 2011, with more than 160,000 samples logged last year. China's National Computer Network Emergency Response Technical Team logged 162,981 mobile malware instances in 2012, 25 times as many as in 2011, China Daily reports. As elsewhere, the vast …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

China, the capital of copying, hit by massive numbers of malware? Surprised much?

If you purchase via the play store, you would not have to worry so much.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The vast majority of these compromised sites run Linux of course....

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

And the vast majority of those sites would be developed, managed and administered from Windows computers.

Your point?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Speaking as a total freetard myself, people who download pirated apps from unofficial app stores are morons. People really think someone is going to go to the effort of cracking it and there's not an ulterior motive. For every one person who cracks proprietary software to advocate FOSS there are 10 people who are doing it so they can get access to your phone/computer with your permission.

1. Don Jefe
      Happy

I agree with you about unofficial app stores but they represent 'choice', which is popular right now even though it is responsible for all kinds of problems, at least at at the consumer level. It is funny to me that consumers became so accustomed to Windows systems being screwed up/infected all the time they don't feel inconvienced by other technology that is just as screwy.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: "People really think someone is [..] cracking it and there's not an ulterior motive"

My guess is that people don't think at all. They just see "FREE" as opposed to "PAY" and go for the bad choice.

Next the same ones will be complaining that Android is crap.

3. Cliff

Fandroids suggests we need...

Fan Android - 'fandroids' it kinda works.

Fan Apple - How does 'fapples' grab people instead of/as well as 'fanbois'?

1. Cliff

Re: Fandroids suggests we need...

(It works on multiple levels...)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF?

"China's National Computer Network Emergency Response Technical Team"!

CNCNERTT???

That itself could become a word on day :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like