back to article Zynga lures Microsoft's gaming chief with bulging package

Shiny new Zynga chief Don Mattrick will get a hefty package when he joins the firm next week, with around $50m hitting his bank account in the next few years. The firm said in a regulatory filing that Mattrick, who's leaving his job as head of Microsoft's Xbox business to join the mobile gaming biz, will get a base salary of $ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Gonna end in tears

They already pay him so much that he does not have any incentive to do anything. All he needs now is to sit on his hands: if it all goes sour he will get some money out of it, it it miraculously recovers - he will get even more money.

1. Mark Broadhurst
      WTF?

Re: Gonna end in tears

Its in his interest as the $30m is shares will be worthless if the company goes under before he can sell them.

1. Randalfson

Re: Gonna end in tears

I agree with the OP's sentiment - he's going to get paid regardless of what he does.

Maybe a better description is that he has to do "just enough" in his first year, and then he gets a huge chunk of change in his paypacket as his first tranche of shares vest.

2. dogged

In other news, apparently Mary Jo Foley is touting a rumour that J Allard is taking back his "Head of XBox" job.

1. returnmyjedi

Jay 1.0 or 20?

I prefer the original William Hague-esque Allard of the first Xbox era. His resurrection as the son of Braniac was a little unsettling.

I want them to bring back Peter Moore and his tatts.

3. rcorrect

It must be nice to be an executive. Each time I move onto a new job it is because I want to do so not because I am receiving a bribe.

4. Stuart Castle Silver badge

OK... So the guy that said the Xbox one being always online is good, and that anyone that has a problem can just use a 360 is out of the company and the woman that was in charge of the team that designed Windows 8 is now running the Xbox/Hardware team?

Could it be that Microsoft have finally realised something has gone wrong?

1. returnmyjedi

Steve?

I thought that it was Steve Sinofsky that was responsible for Windows 8?

2. MJI Silver badge

What was funny

All the twats on twitter about it from MS ended with the letters PS

They forgot the 4

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like