back to article Oracle's Sun rises over ZFS and Pillar

Oracle says version 12c of its database works better with Oracle's own Sun ZFS and Pillar Axiom storage, with better performance, easier storage config, and faster test and development set-up. But the ZFS product seems preferred over the Axiom. Oracle shoots out the following claims: The Sun ZFS Storage Appliances and Pillar …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Button Silver badge

Is this just a press release?

Doesn't seem to be much in the way of journalism here Chris. Anything to substantiate these claims of better performance?

2. James 36

Oracle state "our sh*t runs better on our sh*t"

in other news

"Clock on chart for bigger image"

needs an edit I think as I could not see a clock

3. Mad Mike

Shocking!!

Who would have thought it. Supplier thinks their stuff runs best when you buy everything from them!! I assume the great Oracle marketing machine (i.e. salespeople) told the techies what they had to prove and they will prove it, even if they have to slow other implementations down. We all know how benchmarks can be messed around with to prove anything. Oracle makes no secret of its desire to supply everything any IT shop could possible want, from hardware to software to consultants.

The limitations of where some technologies can run (such as HCC) are purely marketing manifestations. There is no real technical reason why it couldn't run on other OS's, servers and disks.

4. theblackhand

Interesting

It isn't often that you can say "at least if we stay on our EMC kit, they are unlikely to screw us as hard or for as long in the future" without even a touch of sarcasm.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Interesting

Err, except they would, and in fact did try it with the company in my previous job.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like